Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 06 MTS1000 s/Ds is my first Ducati and I’ve only had one other Italian bike, 1998 moto Guzzi EV. 13 bikes since 2014 but these two— something special. Especially this Ducati. It’s like if an metal object could have a soul I’d be these bikes. I don’t name bikes but I have these two. The Ducati has so much usable torque! In the twisties, rolling on throttle- there’s nothing like it! I’ve not ever been a sport bike guy but I want a 999! A monster and a early hyper too! I’ve bought the trellis, RED, L twin, classic dry clutch Ducati sandwich hook , line and sinker! I can’t see not having at least one from now on!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Amen brother! I’m hooked alright. Just gotta keep the “it needs 600 dollars of clutch parts soon” quiet so the Mrs doesn’t hear. Shhhhh

·
Registered
119 Posts
I have a first generation Multistrada and I hate the gearing on it. It is very fun on the twisty roads but as far as a long distance touring bike. Meh. I'm actually looking at upgrading my Multistrada to either a Multistrada v4s or scrambler X.

·
Old Fast Guy
541 Posts
Testify brother ( maybe sister ) !!
Like I just said in another thread, if the particular combination of traits that Ducati provides speaks to you, then nothing else will really do
Some people get "it", and those that do tend to be addicted to "it"
So true, and I have it bad. The addiction that is. I rode Japanese bikes for 50+ years until I stopped by a Ducati/Aprilia dealer in July 2011. My first Ducati was/is my 1198SP purchased 2 days later from said dealer. It spoke to me like no other motorcycle ever did. When I rode it away after purchase, the entire staff and other customers watched to see if I crashed it on the new tires with the tremendous torque relative to 4 cyl Japanese bikes. I didn’t crash and managed a short wheelie with a quick twist of the throttle. I was hooked for life.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drove from Texas to Kansas to get mine and I threw a leg over and pushed that red button. It was love at first listen. I smiled ear to ear and never stopped smiling

·
Registered
307 Posts
Had that exact moment with my wife today lol. Saying that, I've been a Ducati fan since I was 3 years old. It start with the early 90's monsters, and moved to sport bikes after that. I've had many different ones through my 32 years on this planet, with a brief forray into BMWs when in England, and about a year on a Yamaha beater bike due to financial restraints. I'm on my dream bike right now, and as funds permit I will be fixing it up my way and holding onto it for a very long time. I do plan on getting a panigale as a second bike once this one is the way I want it. This brand just evokes emotions, and everything I see my bike, ride it or think of it, I grin. Definitely a Ducatista for life.

·
Registered
770 Posts
All of the above statements are true & come from HONEST experience riding / reparing other make bikes we've all owned in our lives.

Honest to god RIDERS with experience.

Checkout a corvette or Porsche forum you'll see the difference between the type of owners real fast.

You want to find some real dipshits checkout a Toyota Tacoma forum.......not a fucking clue

·
Registered
770 Posts
It's all I use VP C12 by the barrel
Daily screwing off 50/50 with 91 Ethonol free
Serious shit......straight C12

·
Old Fast Guy
541 Posts
It's all I use VP C12 by the barrel
Daily screwing off 50/50 with 91 Ethonol free
Serious shit......straight C12
LOL I drive 2 (twin-turbocharged V6) vehicles that I run 50% 93 (10%E) gasoline and 50% corn whiskey (ethanol) to get the BIG power they can easily provide. They still have catalytic converters, so I must run the unleaded fuels. I’m contemplating buying the VP Ethanol in 55gal drum and pump it myself…

Anyway, my bikes are all fuel injected, so no carb corrosion, such that the 93 (w/10% ethanol) allows a tick more ignition timing than with non-ethanol 93. Ethanol is a super fuel if you have the hardware/software to take advantage of it. Just sayin…

·
Registered
770 Posts
A 55 gallon barrel of VP C12 with core deposit is $980.00 last time I bought it

Anybody buying VP MAKE ABSOLUTELY SHURE ITS FACTORY SEALED not filled locally by your distributor!

They have been known to "step on it" with 91 octain

·
Registered
403 Posts
For me, it's anything with a reasonable size V-twin, and - oddly enough - ones that are LESS refined. I love my 848, but REALLY loved my Buell XB12R. Still got that bike, but had to retire it as a commuter due to being too uncomfortable for my pillion.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts