Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold my bike which I took a bath on but told the Fiance that I made $$ on it! Then I showed her the Streetfighter (the non S in red.) She was like, "oh 15K for that, not bad!" So the next day I put my money down on the Red S model!

Thank god she doesn't know the difference! ;)

While we were at Laguna Seca, she saw the white MotoWheels one and noticed that it had black forks. She asked what was the difference and I said, "Oh he got the expensive model!" LOL!

Oh , had to throw in a trip to Maui this year too.....that part wasn't a lie, I will take her.

I'm not saying lying to the wife, GF or significant other is good but it is kind of hilarious to me what we men will do to get our toys......

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts
well I didn't lie.

I did say I was looking for something in the 15 range at most.. ie the SF.. but I wanted to add some things to the budget ie,, pipe and lots of cf.. but the cost (I argued) was going to be just as much as just buying a SFS and I would do the upgrades later.. so I got the SFS.. and plan on doing the expensive stuff later.. but I still spent several hundred on the dress up parts. :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, who wears the pants in the family?
Let's just say I do as I feel and who ever does not like it will get the boot.:)
Oh please! We all try to say we wear the pants but its usually a lot easier to just fib a little, IMO.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I test road one at the Ducati demo day in Omaha. My wife after kicking my ass on the track all day on her 675 tells me at the end of the day that i should take the money we had put back for cabinets and a wet bar for the basement and by the streetfighter.... Soooo I still dont wear the pants but who the heck cares!!!!

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I test road one at the Ducati demo day in Omaha. My wife after kicking my ass on the track all day on her 675 tells me at the end of the day that i should take the money we had put back for cabinets and a wet bar for the basement and by the streetfighter.... Soooo I still dont wear the pants but who the heck cares!!!!
If things don't work out between you and your wife, let me know! :D

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I didn't have to lie to my wife, I just avoided telling her the actual price...when she asked how much I paid, I told her a bit over $10k, and when she made a face I said it was like buying a Louis Vuitton handbag, when you want the best you have to pay for it...after putting it in that light, she was all for it...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I told mine i swapped it for the Brutale, and i just wittled some cash away a bit at a time She also thinks its a monster cos they are cheaper.....:D

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Mine hasn't spotted it yet!

Is always easier to ask for forgiveness than ask for permission.

She doesn't have a clue about the price of a 999R either, why ruin it!

·
Registered
102 Posts
The only down side to this entire hobby is that there is some strife on the home front each time a new member of my stable arrives. The SFS will make 3 bikes, and I'm afraid I'm paying a high price for it. Oh well, I can always go for a ride...:D

·
Registered
118 Posts
The only down side to this entire hobby is that there is some strife on the home front each time a new member of my stable arrives. The SFS will make 3 bikes, and I'm afraid I'm paying a high price for it. Oh well, I can always go for a ride...:D

Hey there--how do you compare the superduke to the SFS? Particularly on the track?

Thanks..J

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey there--how do you compare the superduke to the SFS? Particularly on the track?

Thanks..J
I haven't ridden either bike on the track yet. I have about 1500 miles on my SD, mostly on local twisty roads, and have just test-ridden the SFS on the twisties, which will be delivered on Thursday (woohoo!). From that experience, I would say that the SD is more eager to turn, with instantaneous turn-in. It is very powerful, with lots of snap when whacked open off a closed throttle. The SD feels a little less stable when you first start out on it, due to the short trail and steep steering rake. The SD's 75 degree v-twin motor has more vibration at low and mid-rpm, smoothing out at high revs.

The SFS feels more stable, with less eagerness to turn. It has nice, but not outstanding turn-in, but is still great fun on twisty roads. The SFS 90 degree v-twin motor is smoother at all revs, and is more powerful, but does not have the wicked torque snap that the SD has when rapidly opened up off a closed throttle. I was riding the SFS with the DTC set to the maximum, so that might have accounted for some of the sense of tameness I noted. We'll see when I have my own bike, with DTC intervention reduced. I will also say the SFS seat is more comfortable than my SD seat, even with the SD gel "ergo" seat installed.

I'm very fortunate to have a chance to own both of these amazing naked superbikes.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well I must be one of the lucky ones as my wife's only comments were (before she saw the bike) "well you work hard for the money you make and you need to take care of yourself for once". After she saw the SF "so you went for the Hussy with the red lipstick". I don't know why but this bike seems to have that effect on people. This is my 2nd wife, no lies this time around.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I took off work early and told my wife that I was trading in my bike and with all of the extras that I had on it, I could get more money than what the new bike cost.

Don't know if she bought it, but I am still alive and I have my new bike.
Ken

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Zero Lies, I am not married and have never been. I do own 5 cars and 3 motorcycles though:D
Stay that way, hookers are much cheaper!

·
Registered
233 Posts
She knew I always wanted a Ducati and there was no push back. The only condition was that I have only one motorcycle, not a problem as I unloaded my other ride for this one. The problem now is the UPS trucks that keep coming to my house. :(

·
Registered
169 Posts
I told my misses at first that I'd had the M1800R resprayed red :D:D
Well she is a Blonde:D:D:D
Then she noticed the new nos plate so I came clean and told
her it was £6.5k.:rolleyes:
I didn't tell her that it was £6.5k on top of the px...;)
Them some ARSE at her work showed her the price on the website...:eek:

We won't discuss wot happened next:eek::eek:
I can tell you it involved a sidearm and a shovel.Oh yea and her co-worker.:abduct:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts