Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured I'd throw it out to the sport classic guys and maybe one of you would have an idea of what kind of bike this girl is on. I apologize about not having the picture, but for the life of me I can't seem to post from photobucket.

Anyways. I saw this picture a long time ago and have been trying to figure out where I found it at. I just stumbled across it a couple minutes ago as an ad.

Its on www.britishmotorcyclegear.com

The girl who is sitting on the aluminum bike on the left hand side.

Thanks for your knowledge!

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's funny, I knew the bike you were referring to before I even checked the link. That bike's famous (or perhaps I should say the photo is) - probably the single most famous cafe bike ever built (or, again, photographed).

And you know, I'd venture to say that you've come to the right place if that's the character you're thinking of reproducing. The lines on a sport classic are remarkably similar, albeit with a much different engine configuration and rear suspension - more so than most classic cafe machines.

I have had to talk myself out of calling the Tank Shop on several occasions to talk about producing an alloy tank and seat of similar style.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That bike's famous (or perhaps I should say the photo is) - probably the single most famous cafe bike ever built (or, again, photographed).
xander, just a difference in opinion bro, but I'd have to say - around the raw internet world of cafe style bikes - to me it's seems more people share pics and talk about bikes from Carpy's or Benjie's CB750s ... not saying Ben Part's Guzzi aint the tits - but his name isnt as widely known across the boards as some of the others.

·
Mr. Excitement
233 Posts
That image has been on my mind for quite some time now.

I've run up a lot of miles looking for her... I just know she's out there somewhere. :)

RpM

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
it is not a one-off, it is a customised moto guzzi.
frame is a cantilever converted LeMans unit,
tank should be from WBO Germany.

never the less, great picture. :cool:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You know.. Being that my frame is already red, it terribly tempting to slap a seat/tank combo like that on. I'm not too hot on the guzzi from the side, but its ass is to die for. I just wanna rub some B-B-Q sauce all over that thing and blub blub blub blub blub!

·
Banned
2,916 Posts
taillight should be from a 30's Ford bay the way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
xander, just a difference in opinion bro, but I'd have to say - around the raw internet world of cafe style bikes - to me it's seems more people share pics and talk about bikes from Carpy's or Benjie's CB750s ... not saying Ben Part's Guzzi aint the tits - but his name isnt as widely known across the boards as some of the others.
Think so? Which Carpy or Benjie bike do you mean?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I believe that many of us on this forum, especially those with the sport 1000 have a great affinity for the beautiful cafe racer. That Aluminium bodied Guzzi gets us just the way that the sport 1000 2006 model, Tritons with big ally tanks, a cleanly customised modern thruxton and some Mecatwin models.
http://www.mecatwin.com/en/motos/triumph/tss/index.htm
I am into cafe racers more than Ducatis and I appreciate that the guys on this forum 'get' Honda GB500s, Triumph Bonnevilles, Tritons and pretty girls on a very cool Cafe Guzzi.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts