Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,686 Posts
Conversation piece would be Britten, NR, Supermono, Mic's NSR, Hailwood Ducati and so on

To ride, I have most of what I ever wanted, my pipe dream would be to have time to restore and maintain them, while I'm still young enough to ride them: Got 748 few years back and realized that it was better suited for me when I was in my 20's (rode one when it was very new) much less when I'm 40

To ride around I would like to have a Baylis 998 and Xerox 999, also Haga Playstation RSV, Hayden RC51, and of course RC30 and 45

·
Premium Member
2,540 Posts
Conversation piece would be Britten, NR, Supermono, Mic's NSR, Hailwood Ducati and so on

To ride, I have most of what I ever wanted, my pipe dream would be to have time to restore and maintain them, while I'm still young enough to ride them: Got 748 few years back and realized that it was better suited for me when I was in my 20's (rode one when it was very new) much less when I'm 40

To ride around I would like to have a Baylis 998 and Xerox 999, also Haga Playstation RSV, Hayden RC51, and of course RC30 and 45
Glutton!

·
Bon Vivant
10,411 Posts
My lottery dream would be to have a small museum similar to the lonestar motorcycle museum in Texas

in it would be all of the British greats like a vincent black lightning, BSA goldstar clubman, AJS , velocette, and of course some of the Italian greats like early MV's and the significant Ducs

But if you are talking about a single bike to ride it would probably be a Bimota DB6R modified with a 1098 testastretta powerplant

·
Registered
550 Posts
For me it would be a 1954 BMW RS54 Rennsport

·
Registered
172 Posts
Would you make it street legal so you could ride it as often as you like? Or would you only use it on tracks?

Seeins how you'd "just won the lottery" you could afford to buy a fully outfitted semi-truck and afford to pay a few helpers/techs to support your newfound addiction year 'round (after all, this is all fantasy so we may as well take it all the way .. y'know? ... so let's go totally WFO on this and say you'd have plenty of money to fill in all of the "reality gaps" here).

I keep evolving my fantasy on this whole thing. Where I'm at now is I believe I'd ...

*** Buy a couple/three/four of those new Indian 750cc flat trackers and outfit them for public roads, and give two of them to my disabled brother so he could ride along with me as we travel the Earth.

*** I'd also buy my wife that Sportster ~trike~ she's wanted for soooo long (along with plenty of spares and an entire spare trike so she'd never be down if her trike took a shit along the way) so she could also come along with my brother Jeff and I on the endless adventure.

*** I would get 2-each of the air cooled 2 valve Hypermotards for my brother and I.

*** 2 each of the Pikes Peak Multistradas for my brother and I ... plenty tricked out as well.

*** Buy Jeff and I a couple of those mini-motards made from something like Honda CRF 150cc dirt bikes so we could participate in some of those mini motard races held at various county fair parking lots (and any other tracks) in various cities and towns as we travel.

*** My brother has had a keen eye for some of the Adventure bikes over the last couple of years, so I'd cover that niche for him as well.

*** We'd all be followed and supported by a service semi-truck that's utterly stoked full-up with parts, equipment, and a full time pit crew in their own support motorhome.

*** I'd hire a video production crew to document our adventures and they would have their own motorhome.

*** All of the pitfalls and little troubles that arise would be fully covered and paid for by the endless piles of money the lottery win would fill in.

*** We'd hit every little event on the map, every party along the way, and every race on the circuit. Well, at minimum we'd at least try like hell to hit as much as possible.

May as well LIVE IT BIG .. as big as possible anyhow. Life is so short ... you get only one shot at it ... if an opportunity such as winning it big in the lottery came along there would be no sense in taking so little advantage of such an event. My wife and I never had children, so for us to not take full advantage of the situation would be nearly a sin.

Besides ... this is all just dreamin' anyway ... it's just some fantasy. I'm just playing along with the fantasy.

In reality I'd probably just buy gold with it, seal it all up in ammo cans and bury it in the backyard.

:laugh:

This was a FUN read....Time to play Mega Millions tonight!:laugh:

·
Registered
275 Posts
One of those Suter V-4 two-stokes. Even if I couldn't ride it on the street, just starting it up, blipping the throttle and sniffing the two-stroke smoke would be okay.

Since I don't buy lottery tickets, winning the lottery is highly unlikely. :)

Maybe some day I can own a Honda NSR 250 or a Suzuki RGV 250 street bike.

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Ima say G6

I'd say Falcon but only because we have 3 of them that I've been able to fly on and they're all lovely planes... turning a 10 hour commercial flight from Central NY to Wilmington NC into 1 to 1:15 car to car (something like 50 minutes wheels up to down). The G6 looks even more impressive... for someone with $70m up front and $1.5m a year kicking around.

As for the two wheeled ground hugging variety of rockets... Desmosedici for me please...

·
Registered
14 Posts
My lottery dream would be to exchange the apartment for a house/garage so I'd have the space to build a 996 with a 1198 engine :)

·
Registered
4,944 Posts
I'd just have all my bikes (starting with the SP3) brought back to new condition (actually better than). Then ride 'em.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Bah .... you guys think too small .... looks like I'm the only one that went full-on Jay Leno.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts