Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine... the 1986 Ducati 750 F1 Montjuich

The Cycle World test, and the article on racing one in the 1986 La Carrera, is still etched in my mind. It was one of the first sportbikes that really piqued my interest... the racing heritage, the minimalistic design, the color scheme, the race-spec hardware.

Anyone got a spare $60k they can spot me?

https://amsducati.com/1986-ducati-750-montjuich

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Mine... the 1986 Ducati 750 F1 Montjuich
To be honest with myself ... probably the bike I have ('96 900CR). With a bunch of spare this-n-thats to keep it running for a couple of more decades. Maybe enough parts to build up two or three different incarnations of the same motorcycle (hot rodded engines, frames, suspension components, and so on). But for the most part just the same motorcycle that I already have.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Mondial Piega

I mean, if I could only have one of the many bikes I consider ultimate dream bikes.....sean

·
Registered
7,426 Posts
I’d probably have something custom built. There isn’t anything stock out there that fits the bill for me. It would be Ducati based and it would be comfortable to ride for over an hour. Something with a Monster riding position and SS fairing . Actually, similar to what my SS will be like when it’s finished.

·
Mostly full of S***
275 Posts
I’d probably have something custom built. There isn’t anything stock out there that fits the bill for me. It would be Ducati based and it would be comfortable to ride for over an hour. Something with a Monster riding position and SS fairing . Actually, similar to what my SS will be like when it’s finished.
So... the V4R Streetfighter?

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Yea, as I've thought more about this I'm pretty much aligned with what you've said here. Air cooled for sure. No electronics for sure. The combination of 999 and air cooled 2 valve that Atom Bomb put together is getting very close (Image #1). But I would want it to be styled along the lines of 80s AMA Production Superbikes.

So mash up Image #1 with Image #2 ... sortof.

One other bike I like quite a bit is Image #3. It's another "mash up" of several Ducati models, with the air cooled 2 valve ~no-computers~ basic foundation.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Agreed - the Britten. Saw one at Art of the Motorcycle at the Guggenheim, then at Laguna Seca.

Mind. Blown.

Reactions: U235Power

·
Administrator
13,025 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Our member @2004 999s posted this one today and I would throw a pile of money at it if I had some laying around.
https://www.rideapart.com/articles/369153/panigale-v4-auction-carlin-dunne-foundation/
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233333233744

Would you make it street legal so you could ride it as often as you like? Or would you only use it on tracks?

Seeins how you'd "just won the lottery" you could afford to buy a fully outfitted semi-truck and afford to pay a few helpers/techs to support your newfound addiction year 'round (after all, this is all fantasy so we may as well take it all the way .. y'know? ... so let's go totally WFO on this and say you'd have plenty of money to fill in all of the "reality gaps" here).

I keep evolving my fantasy on this whole thing. Where I'm at now is I believe I'd ...

*** Buy a couple/three/four of those new Indian 750cc flat trackers and outfit them for public roads, and give two of them to my disabled brother so he could ride along with me as we travel the Earth.

*** I'd also buy my wife that Sportster ~trike~ she's wanted for soooo long (along with plenty of spares and an entire spare trike so she'd never be down if her trike took a shit along the way) so she could also come along with my brother Jeff and I on the endless adventure.

*** I would get 2-each of the air cooled 2 valve Hypermotards for my brother and I.

*** 2 each of the Pikes Peak Multistradas for my brother and I ... plenty tricked out as well.

*** Buy Jeff and I a couple of those mini-motards made from something like Honda CRF 150cc dirt bikes so we could participate in some of those mini motard races held at various county fair parking lots (and any other tracks) in various cities and towns as we travel.

*** My brother has had a keen eye for some of the Adventure bikes over the last couple of years, so I'd cover that niche for him as well.

*** We'd all be followed and supported by a service semi-truck that's utterly stoked full-up with parts, equipment, and a full time pit crew in their own support motorhome.

*** I'd hire a video production crew to document our adventures and they would have their own motorhome.

*** All of the pitfalls and little troubles that arise would be fully covered and paid for by the endless piles of money the lottery win would fill in.

*** We'd hit every little event on the map, every party along the way, and every race on the circuit. Well, at minimum we'd at least try like hell to hit as much as possible.

May as well LIVE IT BIG .. as big as possible anyhow. Life is so short ... you get only one shot at it ... if an opportunity such as winning it big in the lottery came along there would be no sense in taking so little advantage of such an event. My wife and I never had children, so for us to not take full advantage of the situation would be nearly a sin.

Besides ... this is all just dreamin' anyway ... it's just some fantasy. I'm just playing along with the fantasy.

In reality I'd probably just buy gold with it, seal it all up in ammo cans and bury it in the backyard.

:laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Saw one of these in person last year at the WCDM in Fort Bragg... Thanks for bringing it Tom... Saw one later for sale at Santa Barbara Ducati... Needed that lottery ticket to take it home though...

Attachments

Reactions: egomexico

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Probably the only bike I truly lust for. And not to make a garage queen of it but to actually ride it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
1,504 Posts
If we're including planes, I'll take a fast one, plus 2 pilots, and a smokin hot flight attendant / bartender. >:)

fixeditferyou......... errr us.........:laugh:

Reactions: Monster4Lee
1 - 20 of 51 Posts