Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After removing and reinstalling the engine in the 1997 900SS CR, I have all the wiring accounted for except this wire. It is a white, 2 prong plug (female), located on the top of the left side, back near the battery. I don't see a corresponding plug that goes into it. The underlying wiring is exposed just a little behind the plug. One wire is black, the other is blue with a red stripe. Appears to originate up near the dashboard, but not sure, as I would have to disassemble the wiring harness to trace it accurately.\\

006.jpg

·
Registered
799 Posts
I've perused the colored carby 900SS wiring diagram provided to the forum by member Punch and can find no wires that are blue with red stripe. There is a wire that is listed as red with a blue stripe that is associated with the starting circuit, and there are two wires listed as blue with black stripes. One provides fused power to the horn circuit and the other provides power to the kickstand, battery charging, and oil level switch idiot lights. If you look up posts by Punch you should be able to find a Dropbox link to the diagram so you can check it out yourself. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes! Plugs into the back of the solenoid. I was looking for some separate wire with a matching male plug and overlooked the recessed area on the back of the solenoid.

Thank you everyone.

Bob Ross

1 - 5 of 5 Posts