Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have taken out the fuel injectors to clean them and I noticed this part, what is it? :)
Also, as the bike has been standing for a few years, should I try to dismantle it for cleaning or replace it?

Also :)

I needed to cut the fuel pipe clips to get the injectors out, I was going to use this quick type connectors to put them back but I am wondering are they suitable for i.e. or should I choose something else?

Thanks

(bike is 750 Sport i.e 2000)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Top photo is the fuel pressure regulator. The second photo, you need proper fuel line clamps. With the high fuel pressure, you’ll blow the line off the injector.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
those one time use clamps are there for a reason, replace them with the same ones again

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
alot of people use Ducati of Omaha

·
Registered
31 Posts
They are Oetiker stepless ear clamps, available by size on Amazon.

There should be two size stamped on the old clamps; "14.5-17" or something, this is the size range the clamp can be used for.

Here is a link

Try to avoid the clamps labeled as PEX, they are generally sized in standard measurement and for use with PEX tubing not rubber hose.

That link is for a 100 count pack but there are several assortment sets that normally include the clamping tool.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for identifying the clips, thats a big help.
The existing clips are marked 16.8 OET.
I found these two boxes of clips for sale online, here are the links

But I can't seem to work out if the 16.8 is included in either of those kits? It seems not to be?

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
31 Posts
This set should be fine, it appears to cover the size you need.

The other link I can't seem to get translated to English so I can't positively say it will work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts