Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need 4 of these for my 98' 900 SS/FE (see photo). They're like washers and were probably on numerous other Ducati models. I can't find a source to buy these at a reasonable price. I found a kit on eBay from Germany that's like $55 US for these, plus shipping... by the time I get them, I'll be in for $68 US... and I don't even need all of the parts. See: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-Nuda-faring-mounting-set-screw-washer-parts-350-400-600-750-900-SS/222558477392?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,911 Posts
I need 4 of these for my 98' 900 SS/FE (see photo). They're like washers and were probably on numerous other Ducati models. I can't find a source to buy these at a reasonable price. I found a kit on eBay from Germany that's like $55 US for these, plus shipping... by the time I get them, I'll be in for $68 US... and I don't even need all of the parts. See: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ducati-Nuda-faring-mounting-set-screw-washer-parts-350-400-600-750-900-SS/222558477392?_trksid=p2485497.m4902.l9144

Anyway, any help would be appreciated. Cheers.
"Retainer" in Ducati speak. 841.1.001.1C.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I think I have 4 of those sitting on the shelf, they may be painted black if you want to call me tomorrow 386-734-2496 I'll look and let you know for sure

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I have 4 of those sitting on the shelf, they may be painted black if you want to call me tomorrow 386-734-2496 I'll look and let you know for sure
I'll ring you tomorrow. If they're black, but only painted, I'm fine with that. I can gently sand them back to the gold color they came in originally. What I'm using them for is this... on my 98' 900 SS/FE, the solo seat in the back has 4 screws that hold the seat on, and they're these HUGE wonky flat head screws. I just want to replace them with these retainers and new screws so they actually match the ones up front. See pic below.

Attachments

·
Registered
464 Posts
ok I did paint them, they were originally gold in color--but my 1991 SS takes black ones thats why they are painted

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What did you use to paint them? Do you think they could be soaked in thinner and come clean? If so, I'll buy them from you. I suppose they could be sanded too.... Unless that'll wreck them. Thoughts?

·
Registered
464 Posts
I painted them with Wurth gloss black automotive rattle can --soak in thinner should do it--sanding I would not do-that would screw up the original finish for sure

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
I have 4 of the black ones too. They came with some parts I bought off a guy, they were left over from his SS CR restoration. I think they're powder coated.

I think he mis-ordered them, his bike had the silvery gold ones on it.

I just tried to order the 4 gold screws for my bike that are in the retainer holding my fairing on. Ducati sent silver ones..automatic upgrade. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I just looked I do have 4 new ones sitting on the shelf using the previously listed part number--And yes I did paint these black using Wurth gloss black lacquer.

·
Registered
671 Posts
called...

please do not sand the retainers if they have been painted. Lacquer thinner, acetone, paint stripper, but no abrasive paper.

Thanks,

Fred

·
Registered
44 Posts
hypermo beat me to it. Nichols Machine makes these, in Milpitas, CA (maybe close to you). The color is not quite as "brown" as the factory ones. They are a little brighter gold. They are also not as round on the contour. That said, I like them better than factory ones. In fact, most anything he sells for your bike, is a significant upgrade...unless you are going for a concourse restoration. Even in that event, his products are what should have been on our bikes from the get-go! lol

https://nicholssportbikes.com/product/gold-fairing-washer-4pk/

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hypermo beat me to it. Nichols Machine makes these, in Milpitas, CA (maybe close to you). The color is not quite as "brown" as the factory ones. They are a little brighter gold. They are also not as round on the contour. That said, I like them better than factory ones. In fact, most anything he sells for your bike, is a significant upgrade...unless you are going for a concourse restoration. Even in that event, his products are what should have been on our bikes from the get-go! lol

https://nicholssportbikes.com/product/gold-fairing-washer-4pk/
Those are super nice looking. One of the members here is mailing me a set from an old bike that he isn't using any longer... but I'm stoked that you turned me on to the Nichols page... I'm there now drooling over other stuff! Thanks!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts