Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I need to know what the name/part number of these plastic push pin tabs that hold the rear faring on up front near the tank.

These are white push pins that slide into the spring clasp right next to the tank, one fell off and I can’t find out what they are called or where to get them.

So does anyone know, what on earth are these plastic push pin tabs called and where I can get replacements?

Here where it is on the 916 just incase I didn't explain that clearly:

Resized_20180719_091545.jpeg

This is the pin I need, the white one on the left is there, and the right is missing.

Resized_20180719_091725.jpeg

·
Registered
45 Posts
You know, just saying, from the second picture it looks like they were put in backwards and the little rubber strap that is supposed to hold them in is missing. That might be why you lost one. Your gonna need that rubber strap even with the aluminum pins.

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
It is installed correctly.
The pins are not. The smaller ends should point towards each other allowing the rubber strap to connect, bridging the gap, and holding them in place.

Reactions: Nikk11

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys and no problem flipping them... but whats the little plastic middle piece and where do I buy it?

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Thanks guys and no problem flipping them... but whats the little plastic middle piece and where do I buy it?
Part 18 is rubber. It holds the two pins from falling out. eBay, the classifieds here, or your Ducati dealer. I posted a link at the bottom of the parts diagram post for Ducati Omaha. Good place to get stuff if your dealer is too far to drive to.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Ducati-748-916-996-998-Rear-Seat-Tail-Fairing-Cowl-Hinge-Pins-Connector/332717591396?epid=1143568242&hash=item4d77838b64%3Ag%3ATIkAAOSwHjNV~M6d&_sacat=0&_nkw=Ducati+seat+hinge&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DUCATI-748-916-996-998-SEAT-HINGE-PINS-RETAINING-RUBBER-STRAP/372366919817?hash=item56b2cc4889%3Ag%3APJkAAOSwBkRZ9iBO&_sacat=0&_nkw=Ducati+seat+hinge&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=m570.l1313

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Part 18 is rubber. It holds the two pins from falling out. eBay, the classifieds here, or your Ducati dealer. I posted a link at the bottom of the parts diagram post for Ducati Omaha. Good place to get stuff if your dealer is too far to drive to.
Thank you, you guys rock! Getting it now!

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
LOL.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I made my on my lathe out aluminum

1 - 13 of 13 Posts