Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a used ‘13 Multistrada GT. Absolutely loving it so far and just going through it and slowly learning all the things.. it’s replacing an ‘07 Vstrom so there’s a lot. But one thing I can’t seem to figure out, or find on any search is what this lever/handle is for. I even went to a diagram thinking the name would give a hint as to its function—“handle” wasn’t very helpful. Can someone please shed some light on this? Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow. I would never have figured that out on my own.. there are already so many points I can grab onto to lift the bike as it is haha Thanks Shorton!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Am I the only person that went out to the garage to check their bike?
LOL. My 2014 does not have the handle but I added my centerstand (Pikes Peak model). I don't need the handle, the bike is not hard to get on the stand. And, as a matter of fact I dropped a 2009 1100S becaue of that gdamn handle. Granted that bike was a lot harder to get on the centerstand, and one day I was using the handle for its purpose. Well the unknown to me rubber part's adhesive had failed and when I went to heave the bike, the rubber part came off in my hand. I flew backwards landing har don my ass on concrete, the bike fell similarly the other way. Ouch.

So, moral is don't use it unless you are positive the rubber is still stuck LOL.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
yea centerstand... the 15+'s dont have them (I just lift by the pillion peg bracket).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
. Well the unknown to me rubber part's adhesive had failed and when I went to heave the bike, the rubber part came off in my hand. I flew backwards landing har don my ass on concrete, the bike fell similarly the other way. Ouch.

So, moral is don't use it unless you are positive the rubber is still stuck LOL.
Lol good advice. I’ll stick with using the grab rails haha

·
Registered
823 Posts
I'm thinking of moth-balling the center-stand from April to November as long as I can trust the side-stand while on the road. For the garage, I use a Baxley Wheel Chock. If I toured, my answer would be different.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Good video btw.That spring combo is a tough pull indeed.

·
North Carolina, USA
3,316 Posts
I keep mine on in case of flat. A little easier to work on. And I'm too lazy to take the damn thing on and off. Mine's hard to wrestle. I made this video on getting the bugger on. https://youtu.be/NHN2rP0jZpo
Good video. Seems to be quite a process. I use a long screwdriver to get the spring back on. Connect the front of the spring, put the screwdriver thru the rear spring hook, then hook the screwdriver tip over the centerstand attachment, pull the screwdriver rearward letting the spring slide down the screwdriver and onto the hook. Takes about 10 seconds.

·
Smut peddler
901 Posts
LOL. My 2014 does not have the handle but I added my centerstand (Pikes Peak model). I don't need the handle, the bike is not hard to get on the stand. And, as a matter of fact I dropped a 2009 1100S becaue of that gdamn handle. Granted that bike was a lot harder to get on the centerstand, and one day I was using the handle for its purpose. Well the unknown to me rubber part's adhesive had failed and when I went to heave the bike, the rubber part came off in my hand. I flew backwards landing har don my ass on concrete, the bike fell similarly the other way. Ouch.

You had a center stand on an multi 1100? Do tell where you got it from. Please and thank you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts