Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if the diameter of the ST4s' exhaust tube where it connects to the can is the same as the S2r's? A friend of mine has a set of Termis from an S2r and wants to sell them. I was wondering 1) if I can make the cans fit on my bike ('04 ST4s), and 2) if I will need a new ECU chip?

Does anyone know if this is possible? Has anyone got anything on the proceedure?
Thanks

·
Mr Leakered
8,835 Posts
I beleive the monster cans joined the headers much differently than the STs. The ST could rotate the cans for clearance if bags were installed or not. The monsters had one position. I believe the header outlet was further downstream compared to the ST.

I know this because I was searching everywhere for a used header for my ST since it was well crushed by the PO. Only an ST4 or ST4s header mates up.

Pull up the Part Listing from ducati.com for the S2 and have a quick look. Also, the header port was very different also. S4 header, S2 cans, and some custom hangers might get you there, but then the header outlet diameter might give you fits.

Edit: Nevermind, the S2 cans and headers are radically different from even the S4. I'd say no go.

Have a good one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts