Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 750 ss. Bone stack less than 3000 miles. The bike is yellow and super super clean. Like I said 3000 mile. I am pretty sure its an S.I version. I has the half fairing on it.I really dont need another bike but I might buy it anyway if the price is right. What do you guys think its worth?? Sorry no pic I might be able to post some later.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
from NADA

May 6, 2006

Low Retail Average Retail
$3,435 $4,515

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can buy the bike for $3800. I really not in the market for another bike but I was thnking that if I could getting cheap maybe turn around and sell it and make a little $$$. But I am thinking that I might have a hard time selling it.

·
Banned
344 Posts
Or.............you could let other people on the forums know about it so at least the bike would go to a loving home, :D I don't want it but somebody else might. :think:

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought about that but... I have seen some people in the past get jacked by the moderators for posting up an ad for something that they are not personally selling. Asided from that absolutly If anyone reading this is interested shoot me a PM and I will get you in touch with the seller, I would also be willing to help with shipping arrangments. The bike has a little over 2500 Miles Its got a new Battery other than that I dont know anything about the sevice history. Tires looked ok and Its All Stock 750ssie. YELLOW. $3850 with TT&L out the door.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
kingsnake1650 said:
I thought about that but... I have seen some people in the past get jacked by the moderators for posting up an ad for something that they are not personally selling.
I am going to respond to that for this reason....no one is saying you can't post up a "Hey,Check this out!" in Chit Chat or Ducati Motorcycle Chat(if it is a Ducati for the 2nd suggestion).....the classifieds are maintened under the reasoning of prevention of items being posted by 2nd and 3rd hand parties unless they are willing to vouch for said sale item and step up to take responsibility for any variances or problems or other issues that come up during anything involving the transaction of the item or with it.....It creates problems on the board between members needlessly when stuff goes wrong and it gets amplified when money becomes a factor in anything.....thus we have taken the policy of direct responsibility for anything posted in that section for the sake of simplicity.....if you feel differently about this policy or question further...please PM me and I'll be glad to elaborate and discuss further!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I AM NOT questioning the policy... I completely understand why you guys dont want people listing thing in for sale that they do not own..... I was only answering SPS's question to me. As for listing it in ChitChat or the Ducati Chat section.... honestly I dont see the difference! Again Zooom I think the Moderators do a good job on DucatiMS and I am not blasting you..... If it came across that way maybe you are a little to sensitive. Either way that is not what I intended.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
SPS was reccomending that you put up the info for someone who might possibly be interested....I was merely suggesting where and why to make life easy....the Mods only "Jack a Thread" when something crosses a line and on this issue...hence why I posted the explanation on classified policy deletions...the only way it would seemingly cross a line would be if you or anyone posted a "Hey,Check this out!" thread of someone elses item(s) in the classifieds....I am not taking this personally...I am clarifying publicly so there are no misconceptions since people read something with a different tense and implication occasionally that might differ from what is intended to be meant in a statement!....and as far as the difference between a thread created to sell something you own versus something you just spotted that someone might be interested in.....it is a huge difference...a classifieds ad here means someone contacts the person that started the thread..period...and a "Hey,Check this out!" thread means people can look and seek out on their own for getting an item....because the database of archiving threads keeps certain areas and purges others after a period of time....the Chit Chat forum section for example expires threads after a certain period of time of non-use and deletes them permanantly so as to not use up any more of the memory whereas if a Classifieds section item someone is selling has to be manually deleted when it is sold as apposed to having an auto-expire happen and a need to relist something not yet sold that is still available!...if you would like to discuss this further...I am more than happy to engage you further on this through PM's.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts