Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Does anyone have any information on what the projection for new bikes will be for Ducati in the upcoming years?

What new technologies are we going to see?
What new motors are we looking at?
Upgrades?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The concensus (with no privelaged info on my part) is that there will be a gear driven superbike motor next. Still desmo twin though. This will probably be sooner rather than later from the rumblings I've read... like maybe EICMA this year!

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The concensus (with no privelaged info on my part) is that there will be a gear driven superbike motor next. Still desmo twin though. This will probably be sooner rather than later from the rumblings I've read... like maybe EICMA this year!
Please elaborate? So we are looking at a motor that is doing away with those really expensive belts? That would be interesting, noisier than belt driven valves no?

Am I at all in the right direction?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Yes... belts would be a thing of the past. Not sure about noise level... it's not like you'll hear it over the clutch anyway though!

·
Registered
334 Posts
I believe, that in 2012 we will see a 1000cc V-4 from ducati!!!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
A replacement for the Multistrada......and a scooter!

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Ducati does have a new twin motor coming out at some point, I kinda expected it last year. The Testastretta Evo is just an evolution of the older motor. This new motor is going to be a revolution, hopefully making those god dam crank cases smaller so we can have longer swing arm's.

Gear drive? EHH... The belts are so smooth and do last quite a long time. I wouldn't doubt if they don't go gear drive anytime soon.

Ohh and V4... Not 2010, but they've been working on it for quite sometime and as the GP bikes get better and better, they can take that input and use it directly on a production motor. When Ducati releases their V4, it will be perfect from the get go, unlike Aprilia... who were struggling earlier in the year.

New Multistrata = YES
New Hypermotard = Maybe (some say yes)
New Sport Touring series = NOPE, thats the new Multistrada
New Supersport = Not this year (in development)
New Superbike = Probably not as dramatic as you'd think
New Desmosedici = Maybe (some say very soon)
New Monster = Nope
New Scooter = ????

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
274 Posts
Per my ducati shop, they are definetly going away from belt driven for gear driven! And I know they are already got a new superbike in the works, a totally different design than the 1198!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not much cooking in Italy! The entire country is shut down in August, or so it seems. I can't even get a pipe out of Termignoni until September. Ok, OT wrt the previous posts... Dave

1 - 9 of 9 Posts