Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,766 Posts
Another version of the highside. Notice the use of his hand and apparent use of the foot brake. Obviously he was coming into a downhill turn way to hot. I wonder how he turned out.

·
Premium Member
8,766 Posts
That dude probably had some reactions goin on in his head like, "oh shit", followed by "oh my god". But, as he was being ejected, I wonder if he yelled to the camera, "watch this!" I'm only kidding, I feel bad for the guy. Looked like a privateer.

·
Registered
17 Posts
man that gave me a pit in my tummy :mad: u can see the point where his leg snaps :crazy: brings back bad memorys

·
27,765 Posts
I got ejected off my GSXR 750 race bike once at around 80 - 90 mph - that big increasing radius banked right hander at Buttonwillow. Went for the upshift to third and around she came. All the sudden it got real quiet and I noticed I was a long ways from the ground. The lights went out right after that.

I'll bet he didn't feel much at all till it was over.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ha I did the same thing on an old Gsxr but it was right in front of my girlfriend. The most embarrassing part of the whole thing was there was two cop cars at that intersection and i slid right into one of them! needless to say they pulled my drivers licence. Prob the single most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me

·
Registered
396 Posts
SouthsideDuc said:
I hope that guy is OK. Watching him head down in the gravel brought back some bad memories of Rainey's crash.

Tony
i was thinking the same thing
the more i watch that video.... ending up in a wheelchair might be the best he could hope for... and i'm not trying to be funny
he snapped his head more than once, violently in that getoff....
very very sad

·
Registered
396 Posts
jserven247 said:
ha I did the same thing on an old Gsxr but it was right in front of my girlfriend. The most embarrassing part of the whole thing was there was two cop cars at that intersection and i slid right into one of them! needless to say they pulled my drivers licence. Prob the single most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me
sounds like you STILL ended up lucky all things considered.....
dying in front of your girlfriend and 2 cops would have been a WHOLE LOT WORSE, I IMAGINE

·
Registered
125 Posts
revolucien said:
yup.... followed by a rag doll
In Idaho we say "doin' the rag doll" to.

That was actually a weird looking accident. Almost like the rear wheel was locked so it seemed to drag on before he wreaked. The bad highsides I recall seeing on races on TV didn't seem to take that long... One minute the guy's stylin' along and the next second he's in the air upside down...spit off a motorcycle waiting to hit the ground. Radical! :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ah...That makes sense with the loss of the front brakes... I was wondering "what the hey?"...

That should be a reminder to us that generally, (assuming you're a competent rider) most of us will run out balls before we run out of tires. A bad case of judgement or some mechanical failure like in that video will almost always end better by hanging with it, burning off speed and possibly low siding rather than running off the road and hitting something hard or panicing and doing something stupid...You can keep driving and braking right up until the moment of impact so don't give up and just "take it"...Keep riding the motorcycle!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts