Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good price to pay for a used 2004 Monster 1000S fully stock? What have other's paid for their 1000's? I'm trying to gauge whether I'm getting a good deal or not.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Mileage? Condition?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mileage is 6k and condition is virtually new. No scrapes, dings, etc. It is yellow. By the way, is yellow less desireable?

·
Registered
923 Posts
ddicosmo said:
Mileage is 6k and condition is virtually new. No scrapes, dings, etc. It is yellow. By the way, is yellow less desireable?
:D haha Color is subjective - it's entirely up to you; if you like it, who cares what anyone else thinks? I want a yellow/white 748 for my garage. And you can always get it painted if you want something different ...

I should've asked, too - are you buying privately or from a dealer? I expect a dealer is going to ding you for more - but I would also find out about warranty. If it's a private sale, ask if they had an extended warranty and can transfer it.

Otherwise, NADA says low retail is $6045 and average retail is $7950. Kelley's Bluebook says average retail is $7640. So if you're talking to a dealer, I'd guess they have around $8500-9000 on the sticker. ;) If it's private sale, figure if the owner has been paying on it for 18 months, he wants at least what he owes - and then some. If he owns it outright, who knows. But remember you don't have much recourse in a private sale if something goes wrong - at least compared to buying from a dealer, which helps explain the differential.

So, who's selling it (dealer/private) and what are they asking?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Check out leftovers

Have you priced leftovers. There are somebrand new 2004/05 1000 cc monster. leftovers in the New England area that are priced around $8,600 with maybe an aditional prep charge. It might be worth checking with some of the dealers in your area expecially if it's a cold weather area.
Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a private sale. They bike is owned by a woman and she's asking $5,800. The only problem is I'm not sure if I like the yellow. THe bike is for my wife and she's looking for red. I may also wait for the 06 695s. Does anyone know what the price will be on those?

·
Registered
208 Posts
i think the yellow color is easier to maintain. it always seems to look great on mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
ddicosmo said:
It's a private sale. They bike is owned by a woman and she's asking $5,800. The only problem is I'm not sure if I like the yellow. THe bike is for my wife and she's looking for red. I may also wait for the 06 695s. Does anyone know what the price will be on those?
You'll be getting a red one then. You'll never hear the end of it, if you don't ! LOL!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts