Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've been plugging away at my SFS since I got it a few months back. I finally just got my full system on and my paint job came back last week (awesome job, thanks Boris!).

I don't even know where to begin with what all I've done to the bike. I could attempt a list, but I'd forget half of it. I have to say also, that I really think that pictures don't do the bike justice. That's just my opinion about my bike, so it's a bit skewed, but a lot of people love the bike.

Everyone else's bikes on this thread are awesome too, this is just my rendition of what the SF can be.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Now i did think about Matrix green for my fighter. not colour change like yours but the 998 matrix colour.

Nice job thou , nice to see summat different

·
Registered
102 Posts
Gorgeous paint job. Bike is absolutely beautiful.:yeah:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Wow that paint job is pretty flash, gloss level looks better than stock, bike looks great.... I bet it wasn't cheap!!!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Paint job isn't my thing but it's an eye catcher for sure!
Nice job making the bike your own :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did you get that bracket to replace the one behind the charcoal canister?
The bracket is aluminum and is available at Beverly Hills Ducati. They used my bike to have their fabricator make them. Fit was perfect and it's a much nicer piece than the stock steel bracket. It was like $60. If anyone is interested, I'm sure they would do a group buy or something. Let me know and I'll talk to them about setting it up. Full disclosure: I'm good friends with the guys there, but I have 0 vested interest in selling the brackets.

I also relocated the horn to under the right side chin cowl and then removed the radiator bracket. I couldn't stand the clutter after the canister was removed, that's why I did it. I was looking at my friend's SF that's still stock and with the horn gone and the new bracket, it really cleaned things up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll be honest. I don't like it at all. But if you're happy with it, that's all that matters.
That's why there's a menu ;)

Honestly, and I'm not trying to make you like my bike or anything, but I can't use a camera to save my ass and these pictures do not do the bike justice. I have to try to take some better ones. Everyone who sees the bike at first takes a glance because it still looks like a black S model. But then they start to look the bike over more closely and see all the detail work I did and really appreciate it. Parked along side my friend's red S, makes my bike look sinister.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like my bike's so special or anything, I'm just stoked about the way it came out and the reaction I've received in person. I appreciate everyone's comments because it's not done and I'm always open to good ideas. :)

BTW, the bike isn't done. Still waiting on the intakes (sorry Shiftech, I prefer the DP's or I'd order them from you), powdercoating the spring black, 999 reservoirs, and some other detail items.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Custom Bracket

The bracket is aluminum and is available at Beverly Hills Ducati. They used my bike to have their fabricator make them. Fit was perfect and it's a much nicer piece than the stock steel bracket. It was like $60. If anyone is interested, I'm sure they would do a group buy or something. Let me know and I'll talk to them about setting it up. Full disclosure: I'm good friends with the guys there, but I have 0 vested interest in selling the brackets.

I also relocated the horn to under the right side chin cowl and then removed the radiator bracket. I couldn't stand the clutter after the canister was removed, that's why I did it. I was looking at my friend's SF that's still stock and with the horn gone and the new bracket, it really cleaned things up.
I'd be in on a group bu if we gould ge tthat price down... I was just going to have my bracket powdercoated this winter...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd be in on a group bu if we gould ge tthat price down... I was just going to have my bracket powdercoated this winter...
This bracket is way lighter than stock and looks a lot better too, so I'd definitely recommend it. If we get some more takers, I'll talk to them about the group buy, but I'm sure they'll be game.

·
Registered
91 Posts
That's why there's a menu ;)

Honestly, and I'm not trying to make you like my bike or anything, but I can't use a camera to save my ass and these pictures do not do the bike justice. I have to try to take some better ones. Everyone who sees the bike at first takes a glance because it still looks like a black S model. But then they start to look the bike over more closely and see all the detail work I did and really appreciate it. Parked along side my friend's red S, makes my bike look sinister.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like my bike's so special or anything, I'm just stoked about the way it came out and the reaction I've received in person. I appreciate everyone's comments because it's not done and I'm always open to good ideas. :)

BTW, the bike isn't done. Still waiting on the intakes (sorry Shiftech, I prefer the DP's or I'd order them from you), powdercoating the spring black, 999 reservoirs, and some other detail items.
No the bike IS special, you've certainly put some time and money into it. I'm sure there are some bikes I've had in my stable that people have looked at and said "wtf?" But I think I just prefer the lighter colors on the SF. Nonetheless you've got some functional mods which can be appreciated.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No the bike IS special, you've certainly put some time and money into it. I'm sure there are some bikes I've had in my stable that people have looked at and said "wtf?" But I think I just prefer the lighter colors on the SF. Nonetheless you've got some functional mods which can be appreciated.
Thanks. The best mod, by a margin, was the exhaust. I swear it transformed the bike. The wheels made a difference too, but the stock Duc hoops are pretty light already, so it didn't make as much a difference as I hoped.

I'd really be curious to see how much the bike weighs. Anyone weigh theirs yet?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Wow!!! Great job, man...the best! At first I was like, 'OK, nice paint job', but then it's like you said about the details. Look forward to seeing more pics when the job is done.

·
Registered
465 Posts
You have to see it in person, its pretty amazing. Those pictures don't do it justice at all.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts