Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What I learned from tonight's oil change.....

1. No matter how hard you try to crank to loosen a bolt sometimes its best to stop before you start to strip it.

2. Make sure you replace the drain plug before adding the oil. Other wise your garage turns into the Exxon Valdez disaster, and you start cursing as you watch that brand new expensive oil flood out.

3. 4 liters plus 4 liters equals 8 liters. This sum does not fit nicely in a cheap 6 liter drain pan.

4. Walmart does carry 20w50. At least the one by my house does.

5. The cheap 6 liter drain pan does not like to bear the weight of used oil when trying to pour the oil in jugs. This leads to even a bigger Exxon moment.

6. Have plenty of Oil-Dri or KittyLitter on hand for that big moment. Or you can just wait until tomorrow to call Fema or the EPA or Obama to bail you out and have the government clean the mess up for you.

7. Remember to replace the oil fill cap.

8. Have an exhaust fan ready when you start up the bike. It reminds me of the hood-rats across the street, but there is other things being smoked there than just oil.

9. Ride it like you stole it and hope you don't loose anything on the highway.

10. I don't plan on changing professions anytime soon.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hope that exxon does not say energy conserving

on the round label on the bottom portion. Our your clutch can start to slip. Also how fun was that oil filter to get off. I ended up buying a ducati oil filter wrench for my next oil change. The first oil filter took a large pair of pliers. Channel locks. Terrible to get off without the right tools. The new car oils are bad news these days to slippery for the clutch and all the good stuff has been taken out. Now the diesel oils are still in good shape so for.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
didnt get exxon oil, my garage looks like the disaster, I got castrol gtx. The ducati oil filter was not to bad i was able to get it off user than any of the plugs. Replace with a K&N filter it has a 17mm socket on the bottom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts