Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise me what is supposed to hold the rear brake pad pin in place on a 98 F.E.?

Some noddy has just twisted some locking wire around the groove in the pin. As trhe wire is thicker than the grovve it doesn't sit in the groove very well and I am worried it could easily come off.

The pin doesn't appear to have a hole in it for an "R clip" like the pins on the front caliper.

What's the standard fitment for this?

Anyone got a picture or exploded diagram?

Many thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
caliper pin

There is a piece of thin stamped metal that is bent just so that it provides holding pressure for the pin. This piece of stamped metal is plated and is flexible. I am sure that there is a diagram showing that piece, but I cannot remember where just yet. I don't think that I'd trust the wire technique. I'll try to find that diagram.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is a piece of thin stamped metal that is bent just so that it provides holding pressure for the pin. This piece of stamped metal is plated and is flexible. I am sure that there is a diagram showing that piece, but I cannot remember where just yet. I don't think that I'd trust the wire technique. I'll try to find that diagram.

Thanks for that. I would love to see the diagram if you find it.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the diagram for the parts...the one you are looking for is #33. Part number 612.4.013.1A I think. Its called "spare pins and spring" from the listing on the adjacent page.
I've got both the plate and the pin labbelled 33.

Are you sure that the plate labelled 33 is all that is required to hold the pin in?

The front calipers have a similar plate but also have R clips.

My pin has a machined groove about 4mm from the end of it. A assume that an outside circlip or some such is supposed to slot into this groove to hold the pin in place.

BTW, The photo in the avatar is my bike.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem solved - I got a 5mm E-clip from my local engineering shop. No cost as they were nice guys an couldn't be bothered charging me for a 20 cent item.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts