Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
raked it out a bit.
Yea, that's what they look like when there's no rear shock installed. Ya had me fooled for a moment or so.

:laugh:

Actually it looks very well proportioned like that. Rather ~Sportster-ish~. It would take a good deal of fabrication and redesign to make that work though.

·
Smut peddler
821 Posts
@FFroadnurse - parts look awesome! Better get a new clutch line, yours is at its end. Ask me how I know (spoiler alert- I found out 80 miles from home). You can get one from galfer cheap.

·
Smut peddler
821 Posts
Is that dark coloring a sign of it going bad? The top of my clutch line looks like that...
Yupper. That area gets hot as a pistol, especially if you do a fair amount in traffic. For what it's worth, mine let go at at 40k miles on a 10 year old bike. So it's not like its a regular occurrence.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Picked up my bike from the shop this weekend & took it up to Suches, GA. Holy Crap what a difference the Marvic wheels make. Falls into corners so quick and with less effort. I swear it goes & stops faster too though that might be my imagination. I'll put some pics up soon.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Picked up my bike from the shop this weekend & took it up to Suches, GA. Holy Crap what a difference the Marvic wheels make. Falls into corners so quick and with less effort. I swear it goes & stops faster too though that might be my imagination. I'll put some pics up soon.
The benefits of less rotational weight. Those two "gyroscopes" (your wheel sets and tires) have less influence on keeping the bike upright. They also require less energy to spin them up and slow them down.

Top it off by researching the lighter tires among the brands/models you prefer when it comes time to put new rubber on the bike. Since the tires are on the outer-most location of the spinning "gyros" you'll see even more of those same benefits.

Glad you're happy!!! Pics, yo!

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
It’s funny that people will spend so much on super light wheels and then pay no attention to the relative tire weights . There is definitely enough weight savings to make it worthwhile. The Pilot Classics I put on my SS were heavy as hell compared to the Pilot Powers I took off, but I’d already bought them...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
It’s funny that people will spend so much on super light wheels and then pay no attention to the relative tire weights . There is definitely enough weight savings to make it worthwhile.
I couldn't agree more!

That said, here's an entire thread regarding tire weight and how it can produce even better performance than lighter wheels when light tires are selected and installed.

LINK = https://www.ducati.ms/forums/80-hall-wisdom/29854-free-magnesium-wheels.html

There's money spent ... and then there's money spent wisely.

:wink2:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, thanks for the thoughts & link about the tires. Definitely something to keep in mind when I need new ones. If I hadn't got such a deal on this used set of wheels I wouldn't have even considered them. Thought about painting them black but I don't feel they look too bad as is. Here they are...

81 - 100 of 104 Posts