Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Getting rid of all the stupid stickers was the first thing I did.
Why stick all these ugly things on that pretty red frame?

If removing those safety warnings is illegal, I'm screaming at you
"Breaking the What?!" :yeah:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Nice soundtrack.

Aim camera a little higher next time.

I realize that is tricky. 0:)
It takes soOoo long to render the video...the files are 4.5gb a min...that 5 min video was 24gb!....takes hours to render than hours more to publish...I think I got it figured out now...the first try was a bit wonky...lol...they'll keep getting better

·
Registered
943 Posts
Had the same issue with my 1 ride video.
A blast of accel induced wind fixed it partway through. :laugh:

OK, not a monster, but it is an Italian V twin.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Little dabs of Touch up paint applied, found the paint on eBay UK, (Ducati Touch Up Brush Paint VERDE MATRIX DUC.6002M) to be followed with some finish work and clear coat.

Sanded and repainted the black bezel... will wait until next weekend to replace the internals and fuel it up. So far, please with how Caswell applied and how it appears as it is curing.

I'm just curious how you got that steel tank to fit an S2R?

·
Registered
943 Posts
Rolled past 11,000 miles today. :grin2:

Cringed silently at the young couple at a stop. He was wearing some solid looking road race style boots. She was wearing little flat shoes with ankle fully exposed. :surprise:

·
Registered
724 Posts
Getting rid of all the stupid stickers was the first thing I did.
Why stick all these ugly things on that pretty red frame?
I nearly took them off at the dealer but showed some restraint by waiting till I got home to remove them and paste them on a sheet of paper to be filed with the other purchase documents.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Just what I did. All the stickers are filed away with the other papers.
If you get pulled over the cop wants to see the license plate, your license, registration, proof of insurance.
They don't care about a bunch of stickers on the bike. As far as I've ever seen.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Picked up my little project bike from Revival Cycles in Austin, TX on Saturday 6/01/19.
They did the following:
- MotoGadget tach
- MotoGadget M-Unit Blue with complete rewire
- FCR Flat Side Carbs
- Fabricated a new leather seat
- New Renthal Bars
- MotoGadget Mini Switch Controls
- Fabricated a new headlight mount and installed a new LED light
- Motogadget M Blaze Disc handlebar turn signals
- Installed DU440 Ohlins Remote Reservoir Shock and Black powder coated spring
- Retuned front fully adjustable showa forks, fork tubes anodized black
- Rizoma open belt covers stripped from red anodized color and left in raw aluminum with black anodized centers
- Stripped color off cycle cat rear sets and left in raw aluminum
- Tank respray in custom Porshce graphite blue color
- Powder coated aluminum DP performance aluminum hoop
- Powder coated aluminum M900 aluminum rear swingarm
- New 525 chain
- New Pirelli Dual Sport Tires

Still pending is to drop the front forks just a bit.
Runs like a top and the suspension rebound and compression is dialed so right!

The guys at Revival really did well on this build. Can't thank them enough.
Great group of guys.

·
Premium Member
697 Posts
I'm just curious how you got that steel tank to fit an S2R?

@Gummo, when my son and I did this, there wasn't anything special we had to do apart from remove the pressure regulator from the M620 (MY2004) and install it at the TBs on the S2R800 (MY2006). The rest is form/fit/function (minus the quick disconnects, the metal tank has fixed fuel pipes)

Here is the info from manual...

cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I rebuilt the Ohlins forks with new seals and fluid on my S4RS. I was going to change the springs but it turns out they were already the correct ones for me. I hanged the front pads from Galfer HH, which had too much initial bite at low speed on the street. Hopefully the ceramic replacements will give a little more progressive feel. I coated the interior of the fuel tank, mainly because I’d already bought the coating. I don’t have a lot of faith that it will stop swelling, we’ll see. I installed a new headlight, a single round unit like stock but LED. When I bought the bike it had small dual headlights and one had a broken lens. I’ve never been able to find a replacement. I kind of like the more stock shape anyway. It really doesn’t matter how good the lighting is, I almost never ride at night. It seems bright enough. I attempted to quiet down the Termi short can but discovered you can’t take it apart without drilling rivets so I left that alone. There’s not much in there anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had bars when I got it. Switched to clip-ons about a year ago to get the 'cool' look. Back to bars...wrist told me comfort's more important than cool.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts