Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

141 - 160 of 1213 Posts

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,153 Posts
Thanks Mike. I've got quite a ways to go before I'm ready to assemble the motor.

Besides that crank looks so pretty and it took so long to get it back I think I'm just gonna set it out on the coffee table and stare at it for a coupla months. :D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Glad to see this thread resurrected..
Awesome looking crank and rods, mine will be going to Ben for exactly the work that was done to yours in a couple months. Maybe you just wanna send me yours Mr Stosh and I'll ask Fox to make you one like you originally requested...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Got my crankshaft back from Fox Performance today Potshot. Shipped it there back in late August for a simple Stage 2 polish,balance,and knife edge which costs $299. Pic 1 is what a finished Stage 2 crank should look like.
:eek: Not fair stochmonster... More bike envy happening here and in a big way! That looks awesome.

Good work!

·
Registered
155 Posts
yesterday and today i was working on removing ~16 years of road grime from the engine case halves. a HF engine cleaning gun with acetone and some brushes (brass and plastic) removed most of the oily crap. next is media blasting to strip whats left of the the paint and oxidation.

·
Señor Member
8,027 Posts
I crashed my bike on the last day of May. This past week I finally got it started again, then all the panels back on it and rode it a bit in the complex where I live. I had to pull the fairings back off to fix my turn signal problem, went to bar end LEDs and didn't get the resistor to go with them. Also waiting for new exhaust cans. Maybe another week's time and it should be complete. This has been a long slow repair.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Rode the 900SS for the first time.

Its not registered yet and been sitting there for a week.

looking at me.

taunting me.

today the rain stopped so...

so just up and down the street where our Garage is. AWESOME! Been too long since i have ridden a big bike. TORQUE TORQUE TORQUE!

After that, back to the garage to change the headset bearings on the little Guzzi.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ha, saw your pics on FB I figured you were on here too. What did you end up deciding to do with the rims?
Gonna keep them and powdercoat them. I expected a bit more weight loss than what they give. Was surprised they were close to same weight as stock, so probably not as big an issue as I thought by stripping them.

Working on finishing up piecing a frankenstein front end right now, just need the axle and caliper spacers.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,153 Posts
I picked up a set of nice, rebuilt 916 forks on 900ss clamps (complete with Cycle Cat clip-ons).
Score! :yeah:

Maybe another week's time and it should be complete. This has been a long slow repair.
Takes forever when you're sweating the details doesn't it. Pics if you would please Redpato,I'd like to see how "The Phoenix" turned out.

Not much to report on the home front,picked up a brand new pair of 3 ohm Nology ProFire ignition coils yesterday that were on closeout on Ebay.

Attachments

·
Señor Member
8,027 Posts
Here are pictures of my bike from before my accident, some of the damage from the accident, and then from the other day when all the panels were back on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Vitamin D

I had the day off from work, it was relatively warm and dry for January... So I untucked the SS from its spot in the garage and took her for a 20-min freeway loop run to get her some vitamin D and stretch her legs a little.

After many weeks of being parked, the Shorai needed a couple of minutes to wake up, the SS needed several cranks, a backfire and a couple of coughs before she woke up.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
I put a set of stock fairings back on it.

The originals were damaged beyond repair and I landed a decent set at a nice price from a local guy. I had planned on putting the MS carbon set on it but I'm waffling now. It was sitting around with that wannabe, naked bike, streetfighter thing going on and it started to offend me.

Too many of you guys have beautifully represented stockers that look so nice I was compelled to go back to that.

I think the bike feels better about it too.

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Well I went to put the instrument cluster back on after fitting the new 0 rise clip-ons and noticed that now the brake and clutch master cylinder banjo fitting crash into the instruments before full lock - bummer! :mad:

Anybody lowered the standard instrument cluster by about 20 mm and how did you do it? Looks like I'll have to cut off the mounting brackets and lower them - double bummer! :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Well I went to put the instrument cluster back on after fitting the new 0 rise clip-ons and noticed that now the brake and clutch master cylinder banjo fitting crash into the instruments before full lock - bummer! :mad:

Anybody lowered the standard instrument cluster by about 20 mm and how did you do it? Looks like I'll have to cut off the mounting brackets and lower them - double bummer! :mad: :mad:
Have you considered switching over to radial master cylinders? I think it might help the clearance and they work well. Used superbike (xx98/848) units can be had cheap. Maybe the fairing become an issue, they fit fine on my 93 with stock clip ons.

141 - 160 of 1213 Posts