Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1261 - 1264 of 1264 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Where are you thinking of mounting the fuel tap?
Not 100% sure. I got the 90 degree version:

Honestly, I won't really know how I'll mount it until I hold it in my hand and see what is possible with regard to bracket requirements......sean

·
Registered
616 Posts
I just ordered a valve from them also. Aircraft Spruce, not Pingle. My build stalled a little bit but I’m getting back on track.

Ordered some new parts as well as new to me parts. Found a more modern coffin style brake master off of a 2009 696 Monster on eBay. Same 16mm bore as my OEM too. @ $30 delivered, I couldn’t pass it up.

Also, the stainless steel Wez nuts I ordered for the exhaust finally showed up today. There are some repair parts for my OEM foot controls on the way as well.

Hope to have all of the parts ready to install next weekend and then get started on installing the electricals. I’ve secured the use of a spray booth so I gotta get busy on body work prep soon too.

Once I’m ready I’ll post a complete thread on this Resto-Mod build....sean
This is the one I used

·
Registered
800 Posts
I used one like this that I bought from Amazon. I ended up zip tying it to the frame but putting a tie on either end of the valve. Sounds cheap but it worked out and doesn't look bad at all.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
My thoughts were that the fuel line needed to make turn to the left from the tank outlet so I went with the 90 degree valve.

I figure it would be easy enough to fab a bracket to secure to the frame with an Adel clamp or two.

I won't know for sure how I'll mount it until I can hold it in my hand and put it up to the frame/airbox/battery box area and know exactly where I want it to sit.

1261 - 1264 of 1264 Posts