Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1357 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Gorgeous work from Randy but wait'll you see the price.
It might be even more compelling with a spaghetti style crossover.
Quality does look stunning tho', maybe even on the order of "if you have to ask how much..."

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
This morning I ran my hand along her fairing, tank, seat and tail as walked in the garage to get my bicycle for the 6 mile pedal to work.

wait until you see what Randy at StradaFab is doing...

Holy smokes!... Yeah, I've seen pics of Randy's fine work, at this rate the GT will never get its Ohlins fork internals nor its Alpinas. :)

We bought the SS to be the track day steed with the understanding that shiny bits may encounter pavement, but it's hard to resist the urge to clean up and fix things on her. I also like the option to ride her on the street when the urge is there and would like for her to look her best.

·
Registered
845 Posts
This morning I ran my hand along her fairing, tank, seat and tail as walked in the garage to get my bicycle for the 6 mile pedal to work.

Holy smokes!... Yeah, I've seen pics of Randy's fine work, at this rate the GT will never get its Ohlins fork internals nor its Alpinas. :)

We bought the SS to be the track day steed with the understanding that shiny bits may encounter pavement, but it's hard to resist the urge to clean up and fix things on her. I also like the option to ride her on the street when the urge is there and would like for her to look her best.
I feel your pain. Bought a spaghetti header and now am having a crisis whether to hang it on the GT or the SS...

Fortunately I already have the Alpinas and Adreani internals!

·
Registered
214 Posts
I feel your pain. Bought a spaghetti header and now am having a crisis whether to hang it on the GT or the SS...

Fortunately I already have the Alpinas and Adreani internals!
i was going to mention the Adreani internal vs the Ohlins Coconut. in a perfect world both bikes would have all the nice bits and pieces wouldn't they...

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
About to see how difficult it is to get warmed up/idle in 42-degree weather with the FCR's (FINALLY taking it to work today). :cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I finally installed an Ohlins rear shock on my ss900ie, cleaned it, cherished it and fell asleep on the work chair. Now it is too damn chilly to ride...

·
Premium Member
2,494 Posts
Changed the LED tail light (cluster of LEDs) to a different design LED (surface mount). Much improved - the LED cluster was very directional, with not a lot of difference between the tail light on, and then the brake light on as well. The surface mount design has a much better 360 degree light spread, which then utilises the tail light reflector - which the LED cluster didn't - and makes a HUGE difference to the brake light output.
I'll post the pics up in another thread...

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
How did it go? How long did you have to hold the throttle?
Starting it wasn't too bad, three/four wraps of the throttle, idle turned up. Took two tries but all-in-all, not bad. Now, the ride to work was a bit more interesting (other post). :cool:

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,224 Posts
Ever since I stumbled across pics of it I've really liked the look of the enclosed belly pan that Alex Ortner designed for his 908SSP project bike. Pics 1 and 2.
I particularly like the way he designed his belly pan to closely follow the lower contours of both the stator cover and clutch cover.

Airtech offers an oil containment type race belly pan for the 900SS that kinda reminded me of Alex's design so I ordered one. I went with the fiberglass type but they're also available in carbon fiber. Build time was 4 weeks,it arrived today. Pics 3-6.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Ever since I stumbled across pics of it I've really liked the look of the enclosed belly pan that Alex Ortner designed for his 908SSP project bike. Pics 1 and 2.
I particularly like the way he designed his belly pan to closely follow the lower contours of both the stator cover and clutch cover.

Airtech offers an oil containment type race belly pan for the 900SS that kinda reminded me of Alex's design so I ordered one. I went with the fiberglass type but they're also available in carbon fiber. Build time was 4 weeks,it arrived today. Pics 3-6.
I dunno, but I think that might look bloody awesome when it is painted up and fitted. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I started it to make sure the MotoBatt battery was holding a charge. (It was)

Then I ordered a few parts for it from Ducati of Omaha and a key blank from eBay.

101 - 120 of 1357 Posts