Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

821 - 840 of 1216 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fitted 848/1098 oil cooler to combat the ridiculous summer we have here. 45C (113F) today and it’s still getting hotter.

Attachments

·
Registered
458 Posts
Fitted 848/1098 oil cooler to combat the ridiculous summer we have here. 45C (113F) today and it’s still getting hotter.
WTF...? How the f... do you manage to ride in such heat?? I´m struggling in our unusually hot summer so far of high 20´s / low 30´s - that´s too hot for me already!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
WTF...? How the f... do you manage to ride in such heat?? I´m struggling in our unusually hot summer so far of high 20´s / low 30´s - that´s too hot for me already!!
Hahaha! It’s the opposite of Brass Monkey. You’ll find that when your bike is parked in the shed and you haven’t ridden for a week or two, the urge becomes overwhelming.

My personal comfort zone peaks at 38C. Above that and the air doesn’t cool you much. If you unzip your jacket you just feel warm air. It’s only loads of sweat that helps keep you cool. Not ideal but at least you get to ride. It’s not so bad when you’re moving but as soon as you get home, it’s an emergency to get your gear off.

My shed has aircon btw. I don’t like the idea of leaving my a/c running 24/7 for environmental reasons but the thought of my bikes cooking out there grieves me even more. Unfortunately my Mrs won’t let me park them indoors as functional art. Many Ducati owners here do park their bikes indoors during summer. Lucky buggers! They get to admire them between rides.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hahaha! It’s the opposite of Brass Monkey. You’ll find that when your bike is parked in the shed and you haven’t ridden for a week or two, the urge becomes overwhelming.

My personal comfort zone peaks at 38C. Above that and the air doesn’t cool you much. If you unzip your jacket you just feel warm air. It’s only loads of sweat that helps keep you cool. Not ideal but at least you get to ride. It’s not so bad when you’re moving but as soon as you get home, it’s an emergency to get your gear off.

My shed has aircon btw. I don’t like the idea of leaving my a/c running 24/7 for environmental reasons but the thought of my bikes cooking out there grieves me even more. Unfortunately my Mrs won’t let me park them indoors as functional art. Many Ducati owners here do park their bikes indoors during summer. Lucky buggers! They get to admire them between rides.
Respect in that heat - I guess I´d acclimatise but after a long cold winter it´s hard!!!
Not many wifes would appreciate a bike in the house - mine lets me tinker to my hearts content, but no chance woudl she let one inside the house :grin2:

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Thunderhill West & East

'Just returned from a roadtrip to play on the track.

At Thunderhill West (unseasonably hot day, was already 78f @ 9am, 100+ after lunch)

Thunderhill East

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got my '93 apart, due to the oil gallery plug backing out of the crank. I want to put in new rings when reassembling, but not sure which pistons I have. The previous owner upgraded with 944 kit back in 1995. The pistons are definitely 94mm. No markings that I can find. Anyone recognize these?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Those pistons are Gio.Ca.Moto/ Ducati Performance made by Gilardoni. Good pistons but I suspect the rings may be hard to come by.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Getting it ready after a long period of neglect and realizing I have some work to do. Tires, tach drive cable, clutch master a mess, slave a leaky mess. That's the list so far. Hitting the track in a couple of weeks for the first time in 14 years :yeah:

(not, that's not how long the bike's been hibernating)

821 - 840 of 1216 Posts