Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

801 - 820 of 1211 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Hmmm. I haven't tried the Rosso III's. Yet. Maybe for next summer...
They're a really nice tire. They came stock on my 2017 Supersport, and I just put a pair on my '94 900SS, I liked them well enough for that. I'll be replacing them on the 2017 with a pair of Road 5's though, I'd like to get more than one season out of tires on my distance bike.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I got my 95 900ss down off the stands (where it has been hibernating), disconnected the trickle charger, aired the tires, swapped in fresh non-ethanol gas, turned the key and thumbed the starter. Then I pushed it back into the garage and went out to buy a new battery.

Edit/Update: New battery installed and the old girl started as well, stone cold, as my fuel injected Japanese bikes! Thinking back to issues I had last season... the battery has been going for a long time.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Finally got round to replacing a broken down pipe on the rear cylinder. (Flange where it mates with the exh gasket is broken off). But, OH NO! It’s different! Had to jam the broken one back in again. Big waste of time, sweat and a little cursing.

(A friend sourced the replacement for me from a breakers in NZ. He doesn’t own an SS so had nothing to check it against. I don’t know what year this pipe came from but it’s for one of the carby models. Mine is ‘96 900 so now I’m on the lookout for another. Ideally one that fits!)

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
Installed my home made float-based low fuel sensor in the tank, replacing the OEM unit that probably hasn't worked since the 90s. So for the first time, all the warning lights on the dash actually work.

Also pulled out my flogged out Sachs rear shock and installed barely used showa unit from another 900SS, as a place holder until I decide what to do with the Sachs.

While the bike was on the stand, discovered that I have play in the front wheel, so i installed two new wheel bearings. Tip, dirt bike shops have tons of wheel bearings as they are a common wear item for them.

Currently pulling the airbox off to re-jet the carb and install new throttle cables.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Spring was WAY late here in Michigan, and as I commute on the others, this one was, sadly, last to be started and given a good look-over. The good news is that she's running great, and in some desperate need of some exercise. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
It was Saturday, but close enough.

Changed the oil & filter and promptly did a 200 mile round trip ride from Sebastopol to Sacramento and back, sticking almost entirely to back roads. Saint Helena Road to Silverado Trail to Hwy 128 has always been a favorite of mine.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Fitted some rearsets that I bought from a fellow forum member (thanks Joe-B) who recently parted out the upgrade bits on his awesome Carby Supersport. From USA to UAE...

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Finally installed my FCR41’s. Quite a mission but I have to say - WOW! What a difference. You read about all the benefits but when you experience it yourself, it’s awesome. Very happy! :smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
451 Posts
Finally installed my FCR41’s. Quite a mission but I have to say - WOW! What a difference. You read about all the benefits but when you experience it yourself, it’s awesome. Very happy! :smile2:
Well done - enjoy!! They are, without a doubt, one of the best mods for a std 900ss without delving into the guts of the motor!!

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
pre-trip prep

chain service, fairing-off cleaning and eye-balling in preparation for three straight days at the track. Found 2 loose screws, replaced a well nut.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Fitted some rearsets that I bought from a fellow forum member (thanks Joe-B) who recently parted out the upgrade bits on his awesome Carby Supersport. From USA to UAE...
I'm glad you got them and like them! They look great on your bike.

Today, and for the last few days, I worked on getting my 1997 SS/SP back to stock. I put back on the stock triple clamps, forks, handlebars, throttle and handlebar levers and electrical controls and switches, horn and front brake lines. Yesterday I put all the guts back in the gas tank and installed it, along with the instrument cluster. Just need to reinstall the front wheel and brakes, front fender, headlight, windscreen and fairings and she'll be ready to ride.

·
Registered
190 Posts
A lot of work Joe! Seems so sad that you’re parting with her. Selling the bits and going back to stock is definitely the way to go though. I’m keeping all my stock bit for one of two reasons: 1) you get more money by parting out the upgrade bits like you have. 2) in years to come, the purists in search of a classic will probably get more excited about a totally stock version. I have all the original bits, except the original cans, which the previous owner damaged after a low side.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Lots happening for my little beauty at the moment. I just paid a deposit for an Ohlins rear that the local agent is ordering for me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Found out my tank is leaking on my new 2002 750 😞 right around the normal spot by the hinge. Took it to an old radiator shop and hoping it'll be done soon!

801 - 820 of 1211 Posts