Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

721 - 740 of 1217 Posts

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
Fitted billet alloy clip ons.
They sit a bit less forward than the stock nasty steel bars, maybe an inch? Anyway, definitely an improvement.

Cheers.
Nice, What make and ere did you get them from?

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
Mine lies in pieces, the rear wheel lying on my cycle lift waiting to be cleaned in preparation for paint. Too busy but kids are going back to school. Can i teach the 2 year old to sand ? Maybe, but she only has a 5 minute attention span.

·
Premium Member
643 Posts
Not me, I was on the Sport Classic this afternoon, but at our lunch stop after riding the Columbia Gorge and Klickitat Canyon area with friends from the local DOC, we come back outside to see two beautiful SS SPs parked next to our bikes.

Wish I could have made that ride today. Wouldn't have been on the 2V though, too hot for that. But apparently it wasn't. ;) Just keep moving is the trick I suppose; I'm sure that wasn't an issue on that ride!

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
Knowing it was going to be a nice, cooler day here, I decided to once again ride the Duc to work (made myself a promise to exercise it more this year).

All was well - running excellent. And really enjoyed the commute.

Except when I arrived, I was horrified. Brake fluid on the upper left fairing. Ran into the office, got some wet and dry paper towel, and thankfully, no damage.

The clutch master cylinder was weeping. Knowing I needed to get home later and not wanting to repeat, I removed a boot and cut off the upper part of my sock, and, for good measure, added a rubber band. Yes, looks totally bitchin'. :grin2:

And it is totally my fault. During a recent routine fluid flush I noted the rubber diaphragm inside was in less-than-stellar condition. I relegated it to "need to replace that soon" instead of "need to replace that NOW."

Any suggestions on where to get the rubber piece? Or am I in for a new master (hoping not)!

Attachments

·
Registered
788 Posts
I would look at Bevelheaven.com. If Steve doesn't have it, he should be able to tell you where to find it if available.

·
Premium Member
269 Posts
I would look at Bevelheaven.com. If Steve doesn't have it, he should be able to tell you where to find it if available.
Thank you, will check it out.

Edit - they had it and it is on its way. Thanks again.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Mine got a new pair of front rotors bc one of the EBC got bent wrongly and stupidly resetting the caliper. Also installed an Antigravity lifepo4 battery. Supposed to be 320cca but it hardly turns it over let alone starting it.

Mine is a 1995 Dual spark 944 SS/SP Euro spec (98 FE clone).
Getting a very late start getting it back on the road for this season but we still have an early November Blue Ridge Parkway trip planned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Excel Addict
5,085 Posts
Not quite today, but over about three days.

Received and fitted a pair of Moto Science CF look LED integrated mirrors thats or of match my genuine CF fairings.
I already had a halogen set but one snapped off due to my bike being in a place in my shed/garage where mates walk past and bumped it leading to it being broken.
Bit the bullet and ordered an even smaller set - my rear signals are 20W halogen so don't need to mess with the supplied resistors as the load on the flasher will be OK.

Confirmed that my Lonelec cable/adapter would work with THE MAC VERSION OF IAW Reader and Writer on my MacBook Air running Sierra - this was for another thread.
Tested this by reading the bin, then via Tunerpro and the correct XDF that it was correct. (Tunerpro was via XP as a virtual machine in Virtualbox on my Mac)

Then used Mac version of IAW Writer in Sierra to write a bin I developed for Andreas (based on true logged data) via my IAW Writer (Mac version) and all seems good.

Modified my datalogging Excel workbook to first deduct injector dead time, then correct for AFR differences, then add back dead time to better tune fuel maps.
Yet another improvement to my analysis of logged data.

Digging through some stuff in the shed, found I had a spare stainless WBO2 bung came with an Akra system for my son's MT07, so will get that TIG welded to the vertical header to complement the horizontal header I have already had TIG welded a bung for AFR logging.
So will be able to log vertical and horizontal AFR for logging and mapping via my Excel workbook.

Today a new speedo cable arrived, as mine was broken for some unknown reason - I can't even blame alcohol!
So that will be fitted in a few days over the weekend and all should be good for our annual pilgrimage to Phillip Island for MotoGP over about 10 days and 3,300 km of twisty riding.

Next is to sort severely notched clutch hub and basket. Might even try filing the basket and see how that goes.
It is extremely heavy so anything coulomb better.
100,000 km or close to 58,000 miles and the bike has been great.
A while ago, but Newfren driven and drive plates, but the notches need fixing.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Took the Keihin off the super light and adjusted the floats. I was running out of gas. It runs like a beast now. I also adjusted the idle on the 01 900/1000 and it runs even better now. I am waiting for my cables so I can update the map that Punch did.
Thanks Punch!

·
Excel Addict
5,085 Posts
I am waiting for my cables so I can update the map that Punch did.
Thanks Punch!
Hey - I just think it will be better. It will be really interesting to read your impressions.
At worst you can go back to the map that you are currently using if you feel that is better.

Maps IMO need to be tweaked based upon actual/real data.
However not everyone has the inclination or time.

There seems to be benefits though - better performance, better rideability and better fuel usage.
Not my claims, just comments from some others who I have analysed data for. It is not like I am making money out of this!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Took the Keihin off the super light and adjusted the floats. I was running out of gas. It runs like a beast now. I also adjusted the idle on the 01 900/1000 and it runs even better now. I am waiting for my cables so I can update the map that Punch did.
Thanks Punch!
How did you adjust the idle and how did it make it run even better?

·
Registered
177 Posts
On the 900/1000 there are screws on the throttle cable that your can adjust the idle up or down. It was idling at around 2000 rpm so I adjusted the throttle settings. It is now around 1100-1200. it is more of an adjustment of the throttle cable.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just some little things. A couple of days ago, I replaced a broken tank clamp and a missing air box clamp. The tank clamp broke right off in my hand trying to clamp it down a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if I didn't have the tank seated correctly on the frame or what, but it snapped right at the joint. Anyway, I got a new one and did the simple replacement. The air box clamp (one of four) had been missing since I got the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
I did the last part of the 30,000km service today. I was getting dodgy readings from the gunson at home due to the enclosed area I have to work in. So I took a few things to work this morning and did it there. I'll post my results and findings in one of the tuning threads later. Long story short, it's running nice now.

Attachments

721 - 740 of 1217 Posts