Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

701 - 720 of 1211 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Belts, Oil & Brakes

We did the timing belts, annual oil change and front brakes over the weekend.

I was surprised to see how loose the belts were but they were in new condition for being 4 years old.

She is all up to date and ready to go for a while.

·
Registered
503 Posts
We did the timing belts, annual oil change and front brakes over the weekend.

I was surprised to see how loose the belts were but they were in new condition for being 4 years old.

She is all up to date and ready to go for a while.

Annual oil change only one time a year ouch.
When you said " We did the timing belts" and "was surprised to see how loose the belts were but they were in new condition for being 4 years old"

Do you mean you replaced them or just adjusted them? They should be adjusted ( as needed? Every couple thousand Kilometers and replaced every 2 years regardless.
Just a friendly tip...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Fitted MWR filter. Some say it's better for breathing than stock air box lid, and some say it isn't....:confused:
I have one on mine.Did find the bike ran a touch leaner,but corrected that with a power card.
You will still get the intake roar,but not as pronounced as an open lid with a K&N

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Annual oil change only one time a year ouch.
When you said " We did the timing belts" and "was surprised to see how loose the belts were but they were in new condition for being 4 years old"

Do you mean you replaced them or just adjusted them? They should be adjusted ( as needed? Every couple thousand Kilometers and replaced every 2 years regardless.
Just a friendly tip...
I see what you are saying but This is a very low mile bike that gets detailed more than its ridden.

Last oil change was about 300 miles / 1 year ago.

Belts were done about 4 years ago when the bike had 5800 miles, it is now at 6800 miles when we just replaced them again. We could of easily adjusted them but what is the point while you are at that stage. I don't ever buy into what is "recommended"

I am the original owner of this bike and in 6800 miles of its life it had 14 oil changes, 3 sets of belts and 2 sets of tires. .......So I would say she is in pretty good condition. :wink2:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Cleaned and lubed up the chain, then proceeded to give ol' Bib a beating on my Pilot Powers out on Skaggs Springs Road.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Hi guys, been a while.

Been a while because I have ashamedly not ridden the Duc much. A few new scooters have entered the picture since I got it, and the new kids seem to get all the attention for some reason.

So I vowed to ride the damn thing more. I rode it to work this week (still running and sounding fantastic), and decided I really wanted to do something about the mirrors. In a commute environment, I really like to know what's going on around me.

Just got in from the garage, inspected/checked the belt tension to clear my conscience, and installed these mirrors from Moto Science. Straight bolt-up (post spacing identical), they extend out just a bit further than the stockers on extension blocks, and man, what a difference! Perfect view aft at a glance, no more bobbing and weaving. I know some probably won't like they aesthetics, but I think they look great. Moreover, they actually work. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
274 Posts
SoCalDuc, it may be worth trying Oxalic acid before going to the expense of coating, much cheaper and easier. Your rust doesn't seem too bad from the pics.
Mine had a bad case of surface rust and now, after a twelve hour soak it's as per att. pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi, Grrss;

I was indeed going to do my own tank, however, it was actually rusted through on the bottom (plus no time with work keeping me busy), thus it went off to a professional.

701 - 720 of 1211 Posts