Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

681 - 700 of 1357 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Painted rear wheel in 2pack, fitted new chain and 41T sprocket; what a difference that makes. Much smoother on take off and better range thru the gears; as always, should have done it ages ago!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
Continued stripping paint from all the difficult spots on the frame. I have a lot of patience, but what a pain in the ass job.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
NCR oil cooler finally arrived today and as you would expect it's a thing of beauty. Interesting to note that for a component reported to have 58% more cooling capacity compared to stock it is surprisingly light.
It'll make a big difference. The fact that it looks cool is a side benefit. Have you thought about how you'll mount it? Unsupported, they can be a bit floppy.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,224 Posts
Have you thought about how you'll mount it?
Yeah Mike I know exactly how I'm gonna mount it...........I'm stealin' your idea. :laugh:

It's an excellent solution so I figured why reinvent the wheel.

I've got a brand new upper valve cover from the horizontal cylinder of a Monster motor and I'll also be installing a MOSFET R/R too.

I'm going to make one small change to your design though Mike where that upper oil cooler mount tab bolts to the backing plate for the R/R. (Pic 3) I wanna flip that mount tab 180 degrees and see if I can put a rubber isolator in there as well so that the oil cooler is rubber mounted and floating at all three points of contact.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
You'll have share the results and photos Stosh. I've got the RR mounted and the stock oil cooler higher too, but would love one of those NCR coolers.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,224 Posts
.....would love one of those NCR coolers.
Ordered it from Commonwealth Motorcycles in Louisville Kentucky Muddy. They didn't have any in stock,apparently neither did NCR.
Word I got from Commonwealth was that NCR had a materials shortage,took them nearly 3 months to make one for me.

You'll have share the results and photos Stosh.
Will do my friend! I'm keeping a tab,that's three pics I owe you now. Belly pan,gas tank,and oil cooler.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Yeah Mike I know exactly how I'm gonna mount it...........I'm stealin' your idea. :laugh:

It's an excellent solution so I figured why reinvent the wheel.

I've got a brand new upper valve cover from the horizontal cylinder of a Monster motor and I'll also be installing a MOSFET R/R too.

I'm going to make one small change to your design though Mike where that upper oil cooler mount tab bolts to the backing plate for the R/R. (Pic 3) I wanna flip that mount tab 180 degrees and see if I can put a rubber isolator in there as well so that the oil cooler is rubber mounted and floating at all three points of contact.
I put an 1/8" rubber washer in the spot you're pointing to. Your idea to flip the cooler mount is a good one, though. It would allow a much bigger isolator. Can't wait to see it mounted!

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,224 Posts
I put an 1/8" rubber washer in the spot you're pointing to.
That's exactly what I figured you did Mike. I enlarged and carefully studied your pic and it didn't appear to me as though that mount tab was touching the backing plate. That's how I got the idea to flip the mount tab and install another rubber isolator.

Can't wait to see it mounted!
Yeah me too. I've got a whacked out VFR800 Interceptor project bike that hasn't left the garage in 8 years. I'm determined to finish the work on that bike first before I devote any time or attention to my Pizza Wagon.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Gave her a bath and took her for a ride around the streets.

She feels just fantastic for an old girl - seems to be pulling really well. Main things to still sort out are:

Smoking vertical cylinder - not sure what has gone wrong here. I was very careful with the rings and the heads have been fully professionally overhauled

Front brakes are spongy and intermittent - need to bleed (again) and possibly replace the front master cylinder - will try a master cylinder bleed screw first

Fill the clip-ons with silicone - bit of vibration coming thru

Get headlights going

Sort out the suspension settings

Work out why she only seems to start on one cylinder - once warm she's fine​

Overall she seems to be running very, very well - FCR carbs are awesome once you get the motor going. I'm a very, very happy lad tonight. :grin2: :grin2: :grin2:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
This afternoon I signed the SS up for the first track day of this season for me. I hope to pencil in at least two more track day weekends by the end of the week.

681 - 700 of 1357 Posts