Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1265 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Thanks Joe ;).

When installing the Nichols motor mount bolts, I was a bit surprised to see the amount of gap between the motor and frame when the I loosened the OEM bolt. I had expected a fairly tight interference fit between motor and frame. Instead, there was about a 1/16" gap. Not a big deal, in fact when considering manufacturing processes, I probably should be surprised that it wasn't bigger :eek:.

Following the Nichols instructions, the install went easily. I'm looking forward to see if I can feel any difference. Doubtful, but who knows?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks, man. The seller was a great guy to meet. He's got more mind blowing projects going on right now than I think I've ever had a hand in. After I put them on, the wife came out to take a look. She said she could hear the bike from all the way inside the house (my workspaces in the shop away from the house). She approved :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Picked up a new left side bar switch. Pic 1

Test fit my Speedhut electronic gauges in my dash. Pic 2

Started masking off my engine cases and covers in preparation for bead blasting. Pic 3
What brand of switch is that? Curious about those ones I've seen on eBay, but from your pic the quality looks real good.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
I got that bar switch from Bike Sport Developments in the UK. They offer it in both 4 or 5 button style. They also offer a matching 2 button run/kill start switch.

The buttons come in your choice of colors and you can have the bar switch configured any way you like using either momentary or latching type switches.
You can also have the top of the switch housing custom engraved if you like.

The quality is exceptional but as everyone knows quality ain't cheap.

Here's the link. Click me.>>>Generic race bike

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks Joe ;).
I'm looking forward to see if I can feel any difference. Doubtful, but who knows?
besides dialing in your suspension..BEST Bang for your $

Now the beautiful trellis frame is actually securely sandwiched to engine from both sides equally as apposed to the factory set up. Your first 60+ MPH corner will have you smiling in your helmet

P.S. I changed the oil in mine last night along with the Aprilia...ROYAL PURPLE BABY!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I rode it... Rode it some more... And a few days ago watched it roll over 42,XXX miles. Since my ownership, I haven't done anything more then adjust belt tension and change the oil/filter. Although I will be doing something to it soon.. Don't know when or what yet.

·
Registered
687 Posts
SS today. . . .

Actually, this happened on the last day of July. Went for 4 hour ride, got home, changed the oil & filter, wiped her down. 39,693 (s)miles.

Fred

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
got the SS ready for another track day

This afternoon I lightly cleaned and prepped the SS for a track day tomorrow... It saves a lot of time when the bike is still taped up and I never got around to putting the mirrors back on after the last track day.

I also spent some time trying to figure out where I could mount a go-pro camera. I'm wondering if there's a way to put a Ram mount using the bolt holes for one of the mirror mounts?

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Turned 17K at the track.

The SS had the pleasure of turning 17K at the local track today

At the track I ended up pitting next to another SS, I think is was '97. Here we are waiting for our tech inspection

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Received my Corbin monposto seat cushions today. I also made a play for (and scored) a set of Woodcraft rearsets and a Penske shock with an external reservoir.

21 - 40 of 1265 Posts