Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

281 - 300 of 1217 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #282
I stopped off at the national (?) Japanese vintage bike and swap meet and found this gem for not a lot. Good pockets for shoulder/arm and spine protection and pretty decent construction. I'm less of a squid now, though I do need some good foot gear. Next stop, Revzilla.

Oh, also got a good AGM battery too.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,169 Posts
OUCH! .....new calipers $373 each. :-(
Yikes! Ouch is right. :surprise:

Just a heads-up. Picked up a brand new set of two color anodized Black/Red Brembo P4-30/34 front brake calipers a while back from J-Parts in Japan.

28800 Yen per caliper,roughly about $235 US dollars each. They have 15 different colors to choose from.

Click me.>>>J-Parts: SHOP BY BRAND - KOHKEN

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
I stopped off at the national (?) Japanese vintage bike and swap meet and found this gem for not a lot. Good pockets for shoulder/arm and spine protection and pretty decent construction. I'm less of a squid now, though I do need some good foot gear. Next stop, Revzilla.

Oh, also got a good AGM battery too.

that's a beaut! I have the newer model (it was not "not a lot") with protection.

·
Registered
61 Posts
That seems steep for the calipers. Did you check with Bevelheaven?
yes, so the next conundrum is new calipers with pads, 330$ each OR go with a rebuild kit at 64.95 per caliper and risk not having them in time for the
Lake George ride June 25-29?

and braided lines. too.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Jumped on my '95 just to pop down to the store to get a few things for supper and took the loooooong way around ... ended up going for an hour ride ... such a perfect day. I should have stuffed the corn on the cob between the fairing and the engine and they would have been done by the time I got back ....

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well it's not really something I did "with/to" my bike, more something I did "for" her...

I managed to pick up a pair of ST2 cams, should have them later this week, they'll be getting installed in the set of heads I recently got back from J Precision. This long term project is coming together..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
833 Posts
Well it's not really something I did "with/to" my bike, more something I did "for" her...

I managed to pick up a pair of ST2 cams, should have them later this week, they'll be getting installed in the set of heads I recently got back from J Precision. This long term project is coming together..
Nice! You'll like the results

·
Registered
465 Posts
Fitted all the bling i had lying around.

Carbon side dashboard bits, Mudguards, SIL Exhausts, Clutch cover, K&N etc.

The white frame is growing on me too. And the SSie motor is SO civilised compared to the carb motor. Though, less PUNCH in the midrange!

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
Restoration Complete

Might be easier to figure out what we didn't do to this completely restored 1991 900SS. After 7 months, the frame off restoration is complete.

Ducati Performance high Comp Pistons
Ducati Race Cams
New Aluminum Cam pulleys and Ducati Belts
Stradafab SS custom exhaust
Ducabike slipper clutch and Ducati Clutch pack
Malossi Pod Air filters on 41 MM Del Orto's
Yoyodyne Clutch slave
50mm Adjustable Clip on bars
Palozzi fully adjustable levers
Traction Dynamics front suspension internals
Traction Dynamics rebuild, respring, and new internals
Goodrich SS custom brake and clutch lines
EBC Organic brake pads
Protek rear sets
Bridgestone Battlax 003's front and rear
Ducati Performance Mono Tail and OEM Seat and back pad
Custom paint and number plates on mono tail
Airtech taillights, wired for running, brake and turn lights

Take it apart, put it back together, degree the cams, jets the carbs, tune the back pressure and then throw it on the dyno, and 7 months later you get this.

Check it out, its sitting behind my good friend Tim's 1000 SS Featherlight custom. It's in great company.

Let me know what you think?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Dyno results

Gentlemen,

I will post up the dyno graphs in the next day or so.

There are a ton of pictures on the Stradafab Exhuast post that is in the page now. I hijacked the Stradafab thread since it was discussing the exhaust that Randy built for this bike.

Thanks again for all the feedback.

·
Registered
534 Posts

Attachments

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,169 Posts
Lucky Basstid.

This afternoon I signed the SS up for a playdate here on 8/23:

Holy Smokes that entire Turn 1 through Turn 12 section looks like Big Fun. Enjoy. :yeah:

Do you know offhand if they use that chicane or do they just let you run it hard on the brakes into Turn 1 during track-days?

281 - 300 of 1217 Posts