Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

261 - 280 of 1213 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just did a valve adjustment with all new shims and installed MBP colletts, both sourced for Mike at EMS. I have to add that Mike is a great guy, I picked up the colletts from him in person and we chatted for quite a while.

While I already had the rear shock off I also installed the Sachs FI shock I picked up. Between the two it's like a whole new bike. It runs much better and turns in much easier. Also holds the corners like it's on rails. The longer rear shock s a great addition.

Jaysin

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
Corse Dynamics triple set install, a 2200 mile ride from NorCal to SoCal via the 95 to the Salton Sea, Brawley, Havasu, Route 66, Twentynine Palms, a quick visit to CA-Cycleworks and a blitz back up the 5.

One sand storm, one rain and snow storm (Julian, CA) and Patterson Pass winds that was my biggest pucker moment to date.

Viva la 800SS

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Corse Dynamics triple set install, a 2200 mile ride from NorCal to SoCal via the 95 to the Salton Sea, Brawley, Havasu, Route 66, Twentynine Palms, a quick visit to CA-Cycleworks and a blitz back up the 5.

One sand storm, one rain and snow storm (Julian, CA) and Patterson Pass winds that was my biggest pucker moment to date.

Viva la 800SS
That is an incredible journey! Awesome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Some small "cosmetics"

Updated the bike with some small cosmetic changes.

Black tinted screen , with black screws
Black Clutch and Brake levers
Ducati branded bar ends.
New mirrors with integrated LED turnings signals, not so happy with them though, they vibrate a lot when I ride, might change back to stock (or buy other ones)
And I got my self a red "paddock stand" :)
Also got a Ducati Performance pressure plate and black half clutch cover (not installed yet though)

It´s the small things that makes you happy in life (at least that´s what my wife keeps telling me :| )

Cheers..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
what have u done to your ss

i took the bike for a ride , rode it 20 miles and stopped at Home depot to buy some ear plugs, The Stradafab exhaust is Awesome, sounds glorious but for the first time i could use some ear plugs

Attachments

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
track day!

The SS got to stretch it's legs at the local track. Okay, it was yesterday but I was too wiped out afterwards to post.

Teched and taped, waiting for the riding to begin.

Relatively lots of crashes yesterday, thankfully, all riders are fine and I wasn't one of them.

Loaded up after a fun day. I was tired and something wasn't right with my left wrist towards the end of the second-to-last session of the day so I called it a session early. Better self than sorry.

A beer helps with the unloading part.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I almost stopped by on my way home from work. I work graveyard, it would have just been a quick visit. There's a good number of us from around these parts.
It's a small world :)
Moto Corsa does seem to make a lot of sales for such a wet town.
Indeed!

I meant to take a stroll your way to admire your SS and say hello but didn't make it. We also wanted to take a walk around because we're looking into enclosed trailers just big enough for 2 bikes and didn't get around to that either.

I've wondered that too... The lack of a sales tax?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Jet Kit

Fitted a Factory Pro Jet kit (Ti needles, Ni plated emulsion tubes and extended fuel needles) today. Also eliminated the oil heating circuit for the carbs. (It's late Autumn here in Oz, daytime temp today was 26C (79F), so it's not really a must-have...) Charging the battery overnight for a test ride tomorrow. :smile2:

·
Registered
61 Posts
looking good, Brian, real good! Cannot wait to see it / ride it, next trip south!

(my day was not so good. Friday the front brake did a full lock-up on me). it is now in the shop :-(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Looking through the threads here, I read the title of this one and thought "What have I done to/with my SS today?"

Well, I've once again looked at it in my garage, realized I won't be able to ride it for a while still, and hoped that there may be more track days in my future. Here in Chicago, the weather is finally nice, but my workload is off the charts and track space is limited. Not a good combo! So for now I just admire my SS everytime I pass it in the garage. I guess that's enough for now, but it deserves better.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I waited too long to sign up for the local track day and it filled up. This morning I returned the SS to street-legal status so I can go for a spin on some of the local roads. The bike hasn't been run since last month's track day and I try to not let fuel sit in the tank for more than a month.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Finished mounting new Diablos and painted my wheels black. The wheels had green hue from the original paint wearing away over time, I'm pretty happy with the results. Poured in some fresh Amsoil, and checked all the nuts and bolts. My buddies and I are going to ride the Dragon for the first time in a little over a week so I've been trying to make sure everything's in order.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
OUCH!
them's the breaks, or is that the brakes?
front master cylinder, $150, new calipers $373 each.
as my bro' says, such is the cost of ownership when the bike has not been maintained properly its entire life. :-(

261 - 280 of 1213 Posts