Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

241 - 260 of 1216 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
So, this past winter I did a Ducati Performance treatment on my beloved ReD Head...

1. DP front fairing + DP wind screen and monoposto
2. DP by Remus carbon fiber high mount exhaust(Need to get the stickers re-done)
3. DP intake filter and open box
4. Custom made stainless steel exhaust headers from 35mm to 40mm
5. Ducati Performance rearsets

Still looking for:

1. DP ECU
2. DP flywheel

Here's a picture..enjoy..I sure do :D

Hi, can you post up a "front on" photo please, I'd like better view of your number board, I've been thinking of putting one on my bike, already have the DP single seat cowl.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Out with the old in with the new

Swapped out the shock with a new Penske 8900. Front end was refreshed recently with Race Tech springs and heavier oil. Much more to do, hopefully I can get it completed before the weekend is over.

·
Registered
86 Posts
That Penske looks great! Was the sizing and install easy enough?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Jimmyjojo, I just wanted to say that I have been and am a fan of Milan Kundera (hard reading but worth the effort) and I really like the quote you have in your signature.

Thanx,
Jaysin

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi Jay, Thanks- I think in that paragraph Kundera sums up our shared passion in the most eloquent way.

Also, that engine stand you made is awesome!

Cheers, jj

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
It was ordered specifically for this bike and very easy to install. Definitely the easiest mono shock change I've done. I have to do my vfr800 next and really not looking forward to that one.
I like the red spring! What made you want to swap it in? Admittedly I have never messed with rear suspension settings hence my comment about the color! :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
I like the red spring! What made you want to swap it in? Admittedly I have never messed with rear suspension settings hence my comment about the color! :D
Just upgrading the suspension. The shock was built to spec for my weight.
I'm anxious to get it completed so I can ride this thing. Hopefully it's as much fun in the twisties as my Hawk gt's are.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
The Red spring is an Eibach. I have a Eibach on my 2000 with a modified and rebuilt Showa. For jimmyjojo you can contact Terry Hays at Shock Treatment, he's an Eibach agent and he can sort out a spring to suit you.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Long term project

Working on piston to head clearance. Millennium bored cylinders from another engine and aftermarket rods and pistons. It's all got to be checked over.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Some of you may have recalled my nasty tank cap. It had this awful corrosion all over it so I had it in my mind to take it apart and clean it up when I found an NOS cap assembly on Ebay so I snagged it! New parts are so pleasing to install! I also found the helmet lock for my bike! I will need to have it re-worked to match my key but it comes apart really easy. I might even try myself.

I was a little bummed that the new assembly didn't have the elephant on it so I decided to just cannibalize it for parts. The rest of it is a seemingly perfect match for my bike. Here you can see it next to the correct one for a '94. This one came with the helmet lock assembly but it is too faded to use.

I removed the needed sub-assembly off of the correct cap and swapped out my nasty parts! The springs are semi stationary but there is one that you need to be mindful of that pushes the locking tang out but the whole process could be done by a third grader!

Hello Nasty!

Ahh, that's better!

·
Excel Addict
5,080 Posts
I was a little bummed that the new assembly didn't have the elephant on it
The "Elefant" is the Cagiva symbol. Cagiva owned Ducati for a while.

Not that i know where things are made, but the "Made in Japan" was a bit of a surprise.

·
Registered
354 Posts

I was a little bummed that the new assembly didn't have the elephant on it.
Kevin, see on the box where it says ST4 - 900M - SS - 998B/03. All this means this particular cap fits ( and is the correct one for ) model year 2003 ( the 03 at the end ) ST4, 900 Monster, SS, and 998 Bi Posto. That's why there is no elephant on it, because Ducati was long out of Cagiva ownership by 2003.

Here's a complete lock set ( fuel cap, ignition, helmet lock, and 2 keys ) I picked up a while ago. It's in the original Cagiva box, has the elephant on the cap, and is brand new and has never been fitted. It's still wrapped up in the box in my garage waiting for a special project I'm working on, where originality is everything.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
107 miles... on the track.

I realize it was yesterday not today, but I was too wiped out after unloading and dinner and hit the sack early last night.

Another fun day at the local track.

Teched, taped and caffeinated, ready for the first session to settle my nerves.

Loaded up for the 2 mile trek home

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finally out of the garage

Finished getting everything back together over the weekend.

Installed new Penske shock (last week)
Had forks refreshed with Race Tech springs and heavier oil (last week)
new Regina chain and sprockets
new Venhill braided brake lines
rebuilt brake calipers
new Michelin Pilot Powers
replaced stock front fender and hugger with carbon fiber ones
installed MSR carbon fiber exhaust
replaced windscreen with Zero Gravity double bubble
installed shorty adjustable levers
a few other carbon fiber pieces added.

Still need to bleed the brakes a bit more and tidy up a few other things before taking it out on the road.

241 - 260 of 1216 Posts