Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

221 - 240 of 1216 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wasn't lying when I said I was already about 75% done. It took a LOT of massaging of the plastic Ducati headlight adapter and coupling it with a standard sealed beam trim ring from a mid 90's GM pickup. There wasn't any work to do on the inside of the fairing, the lip was pretty straight and level from the factory. All I had to do was run a bead of glue and drop the cover into place.

Haven't been out at night with it yet, weather around here continues to be standard fare for an Oregon spring. Things should be nicer tomorrow - I'll try for some better photos and a night ride.
Should do an install thread on it. When looking at it versus the sock light, I was trying to wrap my head on how to mount it to the plastic mounting bracket and keep it clean looking. Would like to see what you did.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Trial fitting an original carbon fibre sl seat.... Poll: paint it, or leave itcarbon with clearcoat? Awaiting new shoes as well: metzeler m7 sportec Rr :cool:
Both. I think you should paint it, with white number plates, but leaving subtle "flashes" of carbon fiber exposed (edges or a thin pinstripe or even a center stripe, something along those lines), then clearcoat the whole thing!

Example of what I am thinking of:

CF_S4Rs_020 by s4rsrider, on Flickr

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Great Idea

Well I didn't really do it to the bike but I built it for the bike. I wanted a center stand type thing for maintenance and since I own a welding and fabrication business I thought I'd whip something up. I'll let the pictures talk...

Anyway, it should make my upcoming valve adjustment easier and help with lubing chains, etc... It uses the through hole in the back of the cases to fix to the bike to the stand with a 3/8" pin so the bike is super secure and stable.

That's was yesterday's little project.

Thanx,
Jaysin
So if you were to make and sell them how much would you ask?

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
Winter

Winter To Do List Done...

-New rear axle
-New Tires
-Change and bleed Brake fluids
-Brake pads Frt/RR
-New speedo cable
-New (2) Titanium engine bolts and Nuts $$$
-New Oil/Filter
-Clean chain
-Spark Plugs

-Clean,Clean,Clean

I'm ready for summer Track Days..

Now just waiting for Winter to leave.................

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Both. I think you should paint it, with white number plates, but leaving subtle "flashes" of carbon fiber exposed (edges or a thin pinstripe or even a center stripe, something along those lines), then clearcoat the whole thing!

Example of what I am thinking of:

CF_S4Rs_020 by s4rsrider, on Flickr
That's been the Ducati Performance look on their body work for a very long time. Classic and beautifully Italian.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
Does buying tools count? I just ordered a Carbtune to check the sync on my carbs. I wanted to hold out for one of these but who knows when they will be ready!

·
Registered
818 Posts
I installed a radial clutch master cylinder and Tygon tubing to both reservoirs.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
+1

so if you were to make and sell them how much would you ask?
well i didn't really do it to the bike but i built it for the bike. I wanted a center stand type thing for maintenance and since i own a welding and fabrication business i thought i'd whip something up. I'll let the pictures talk...

anyway, it should make my upcoming valve adjustment easier and help with lubing chains, etc... It uses the through hole in the back of the cases to fix to the bike to the stand with a 3/8" pin so the bike is super secure and stable.

That's was yesterday's little project.

Thanx,
jaysin

·
Registered
42 Posts
Center stand price...

Well they would change very slightly to make them easier to fabricate and be made about 1/2" taller (right now the rear wheel is only about 1/4" off the floor). That said, I haven't totally worked up a price (because I just made this one for myself) but off the top of my head I could likely do them between $75 and $100 and maybe even knock that down a bit if I MIG weld them instead of TIG (I TIG a lot of my own stuff just to keep in practice). I really don't have a clue what bike stands go for (when I need something I just build it) so I might be way off base.

What would you be thinking as a good price break?

And if there are any rules about posting things like this for sale please let me know. I don't want to step on toes or break some forum rules.

Thanx,
Jaysin

·
Registered
171 Posts
I've been working on my new dashboard.
Just mocking it up using Lexan at the moment,
the final one will be a nice tidy sheet of carbon fiber.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Not that I've had any fuel issues, I decided it was about time i got around to changing out my fuel filter, easy enough to do. I really must remember to do this more often, check out the date on picture one, has to be the original from the factory. :eek: Sorry the pic's are sideways cant figure it out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
It's been a few weeks since she was started and with a track day scheduled for next Monday it was time to get reaquainted. Right after the MotoGP race I took a quick spin up the Columbia River Gorge.

·
Excel Addict
5,082 Posts
changing out my fuel filter, easy enough to do.
You may be interested in this mod - saves heaps of time not having to remove the gas cap. Just make sure you use submersible EFI tubing and decent clamps.

I did it years ago (posted in another thread) and others have as well.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Tightened some bolts, topped off oil and filled new rear tire with no2 and rode it to foreshill.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ducati Performance Treatment

So, this past winter I did a Ducati Performance treatment on my beloved ReD Head...

1. DP front fairing + DP wind screen and monoposto
2. DP by Remus carbon fiber high mount exhaust(Need to get the stickers re-done)
3. DP intake filter and open box
4. Custom made stainless steel exhaust headers from 35mm to 40mm
5. Ducati Performance rearsets

Still looking for:

1. DP ECU
2. DP flywheel

Here's a picture..enjoy..I sure do :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
This was last week but I forgot to mention it so I thought I should now. The stock clutch and basket in my 94 were hammered and at an idle the clutch banging was louder then the exhaust so... I found a Barnett kit on ebay that included a Barnett billet basket, Barnett frictions and steels, and Barnett PP springs caps and screws. What a difference! Now I can hardly hear the clutch over the exhaust at idle. For everyone with a hammered clutch I would recommend this to quiet it up. Time will tell if it stays quieter but for now I am a happy rider. Oh, and I had zero adjustment or stack height issues with it like I have read about when using the stock basket and Barnett clutch pack.

Next up is the new Dunlop Q3 tires I have coming.

Thanx,
Jaysin

221 - 240 of 1216 Posts