Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

181 - 200 of 1264 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
I took her up to Smith Rock State Park for Valentine's Day. I asked her if she'd be mine now that she's back together. SHE SAID VROOM!

Seriously though, feels good to be riding it again.

·
Excel Addict
5,134 Posts
Looking good Richard! Was that at "The Farm"?
Yep - the private country road, 5.1 kM long, 7 metres wide, 22 corners and advisory;) speed signs on every one.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Last Sunday got it back together from doing tail chop. Have wideband o2 in the mail. Took the front clip off today and pre-wired for the gauge.

Tossing around ideas for a belly pan, may not happen until summer as I have very demanding classes this semester.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1424050841.977739.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1424050886.286165.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1424050923.884641.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1424050964.514366.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1424051018.130667.jpg

I know I know my garage is a wreck right now. I can't stand it.

And, yes that is open headers dumped into a 5" resonator. It makes a little noise. :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Old school riding style notwithstanding that's still a cool pic nonetheless Richard.

Plunked down on a shiny new Metmachex aluminum swingarm today. Waiting in giddy anticipation for it to arrive. :)
Did you go with the stock eccentric or slotted?

When you order make sure you spell out exactly what you want in the way of rivnuts for hugger and brakeline. Somehow that got lost in translation on mine, at least for the brake line clamp. Sean was great on email but the "default" arm assumes you don't want ot run a hugger. He added spool bosses for me that I supplied him from Pitbull and did a great job overall. I ended up using a Carbon late swing arm hugger and sawed off the bottom part below the flange. I didn't have a late stock plastic hugger to try but I think the early hugger needed work to fit I think from memory.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yep - the private country road, 5.1 kM long, 7 metres wide, 22 corners and advisory;) speed signs on every one.
That place looks amazing. I first heard about it (saw it I guess) with the commercial the Celebrity Fisherman did sending a Fireblade around there. I read up on the Top Rider site about the track.

Sooooo........ Are you going to share the secret handshake and code word for the month?

As for the style, there are worse things in life than looking like Hailwood.

·
Excel Addict
5,134 Posts
That place looks amazing. I first heard about it (saw it I guess) with the commercial the Celebrity Fisherman did sending a Fireblade around there. I read up on the Top Rider site about the track.

Sooooo........ Are you going to share the secret handshake and code word for the month?

As for the style, there are worse things in life than looking like Hailwood.
It is amazing - takes a lot to learn as there are so many corners.

The Honda ad with Casey Stoner was filmed there.

Secret handshake - be friends with Jeff Ware (Rapid Bikes) and test/write/BS for Rapid and Retro and Classic on occasions! Jeff lives around the corner and frequents my shed and beer fridge - could be cheaper to pay for track days:)

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
Did you go with the stock eccentric or slotted?
I was originally looking into getting a slotted style but ended up going with the stock eccentric Dave. When I last checked back in December the price for the stock eccentric was 545GBP. Last week when I checked the price it had gone up,the new and improved price for the stock eccentric is now 595GBP.
After shipping and bank transfer fees the final total for the swingarm came out to approximately $1150 US Dollars.
Didn't bother to ask what the new and improved price was for the slotted style.

When you order make sure you spell out exactly what you want in the way of rivnuts for hugger and brakeline. Somehow that got lost in translation on mine, at least for the brake line clamp.
Aw Crap! I coulda used that info last Friday. :(

(Stosh hangs his head low in shame and speaks in hushed tones.) No I didn't ask about the mounts for the hugger or brake line,didn't know I was supposed to :eek:

Every pic I've ever seen of the stock eccentric style shows it with the mounting bosses installed. Guess I'll find out for sure when it arrives.

I didn't have a late stock plastic hugger to try but I think the early hugger needed work to fit I think from memory.
Yeah I read that too Dave. The Ducati Kamna website states that you have to modify the stock rear hugger to get it to fit properly. They also sell a c/f rear hugger that's supposed to be designed to bolt right on to the Metmachex swingarm. It appears that you have to drill the mounting holes in it though.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yeah I assumed the same. Only when I asked about the mounting for the stock side chain guard (there isn't one so it doesn't matter) did I find out about the hugger mounts.

They were happy to do whatever I wanted. Even doing the slotted end wasn't much more. I think because I specified I wanted hugger rivnuts somehow it was asssumed I "didn't" want the brake one.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
Oh no he didn't.....

The last coupla times that I rode the bike it was starving for fuel at high speeds. Today I found out why. There was so much rust floating around at the back of my gas tank that the pick-up screen on the fuel pump was clogged.

It's expensive I know but I'm currently thinking about contacting Moto-Works in Japan and inquiring about a Beater aluminum gas tank so that I won't have to deal with this rusting problem ever again.
Tax return checks arrived today. Guess what I did with mine. ;)

(I actually ordered it from Webike in Japan.)

Attachments

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
How much lighter is it?
Info I was able to find says that aluminum fuel tank is approximately 40% lighter than the stock steel one Mike.
It uses all the same lines and fittings,has the same stock fuel capacity,and uses the stock filler cap assembly as well.

I also ordered a Black/Red Aella fuel cap to compliment the Red/Black/Gold color scheme that I'll be using on my bike.

How much lighter is your wallet?
150,000 yen. Sounds like a lot but that actually calculates out to $1260 US dollars.
Webike Japan covers the cost of shipping so that's $1260 shipped right to your door.

But therein lies the rub,these Beater aluminum tanks are made to order and are essentially all hand crafted.
Info I got was that it's not uncommon to have to wait anywhere from 3 to 6 months for delivery.
I probably won't be seeing that aluminum fuel tank until sometime late summer/early fall.

Attachments

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,190 Posts
Shiny.

Metmachex aluminum swingarm arrived today. Came with the mounting bosses for the rear hugger installed,no mounting boss for the brake line though.

If you look closely at Pic 3 you'll notice that there's a bevel on the under side of the upper brace on the left side for drive chain clearance as it passes through the tunnel.

The center support piece between the swingarm and the upper brace measures approximately 5 1/8 inches (130mm) across the front face.
Pics 4 and 5 really give you an idea of just how massive that center support is. Plainly stated this swingarm is big and beefy and has some mass to it ladies and gentlemen.

Think I'm gonna take it to work with me tomorrow along with my old stock steel swingarm and toss them both up on the digital scale in the shipping department just to see what the weight difference between the two is. I'm betting the Metmachex is going to be heavier.

On a more somber note,Webike informed me that the Black/Red Aella fuel cap that I just ordered is sold out and not available. Bummer. :(

Attachments

181 - 200 of 1264 Posts