1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
So, I guess it's time to find a new bike :(

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
DUDE....WHAT HAPPENED AND WHEN?.....that just plain sucks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got my bike out of service on April 1st. Did the tune up, new tires etc. 1500.00
Saturday was the 1st nice day so went out for a ride with friends at the last minute.. Stopped at a friends house to play poker.. Parked the bike in the driveway.. Came out at about 1:00am to go home and bike is missing. Found bike at the end of the street stripped of the listed items :mad:
zooom said:
DUDE....WHAT HAPPENED AND WHEN?.....that just plain sucks!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, the thing is, none of my friends ride ducs so the shop thinks its a week-end racer that probably too it for the body work etc..
Cops don;t know whats going on.. All they can do is say "Keep us updated" if you find anything
SkylineICR said:
damn, sorry to hear man....any chance of catching them? You talk to the cops?

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I'm sorry that happened to you. I can imagine how unpleasant the entire process was from not seeing, to finding it, to finding and seeing it molested. sorry,

·
Registered
835 Posts
i know how you feel, it fkn blows, what can ya do man... if ya catch them good for you, but don't let it kill u too much bro........

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Did you have Full coverage Insurance on it??

·
Registered
518 Posts
Has your insurance agent called you yet?

·
Registered
24 Posts
webwarrior said:
Well, the thing is, none of my friends ride ducs so the shop thinks its a week-end racer that probably too it for the body work etc..
Cops don;t know whats going on.. All they can do is say "Keep us updated" if you find anything
Keep us updated? Shouldn't THEY be keeping YOU updated!? It's hard to believe that someone who owns a ducati could steal from another ducati owner. unless they just parted it out. messed up either way....again, sorry to hear, i would be livid.

·
comrade moderator
26,992 Posts
I'm confused...why are there prices listed for a frame and a swingarm? According to this list, all you found were a pair of forks and an engine (minus a watercover), wiring harness, wheels, guages,...

Strange pile to leave behind.

·
Registered
80 Posts
jesus... quote from super troopers: "those damn kids with their wrenches"
but damn man... that just sucks. people will steal anything. i had my whole toolbox stolen, my 2nd bike stolen, my snap-op scan tool stolen, and my car stereo stolen.
i was thinking of rigging my alarm up to a taser... so if you touch the bike and the alarm goes off, it zaps you good.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Chris748s said:
They took the swing arm?
No... The frame and everything is still there, its just that the Swing arm, has some scratches on it and the frame is perfect except for some scratches from the bike falling over.. In reality, it just needs the Exhaust, fairings and the levers.. I can do without fixing the scratched frame and swingarm

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry to here that Web. I have to say I would be so pissed if that happened to me... keep you eyes open on ebay and the local FS boards @ Motoprimo and other stores. You would be siurprised how dumb people are.

How long were you playing porker for?
I let mine outasight....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts