Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a blown or otherwise messed up ECU or Power Commander 3 unit that lost its map or has been reset cause the bike to not deliver power after 4K RPM?

While installing a rear LED tail light, I disconnected the ECU and PC3 ground wire to get under it so I could strap up the new wiring properly. Then I washed it....but that was another thread. This ones concerned about ECU issues.

Starts no problem, electrics are working, pump is working, battery is ok. Relays and fuses have been checked and the only thing left as far as I can think of is the ECU or PC3. The bike just has zero pull. It'll go down the street, but I can't get anything over 4k.... so to get above say30-40 km/h I need to shift into second.

Hoping to eliminate these two items from the list of suspects.

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
I'd start by disconnecting the PC3. That should narrow it down. Are you sure that the PC3 ground wire is making good contact?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gonna check the ground but im pretty sure its on there good. As for the filter, i pulled it today and it seemed fine. But to be honest i wouldnt know a shot filter from a good one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
In my experience ECU's don't go bad to often. Is it possible that when you washed it water got in or around the ecu?

I would disconnect the PC3 and check grounding straps. Check the stator and battery and make sure you have correct voltage in the system. Also make sure all harness plugs are connected, especially the ecu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts