Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wrists are starting to hurt. I was thinking of raised clip-ons and changing hand grips. So what kind of hand grips are you using? lifting weights maybe? Do you think something other than 12 ounce curls would help?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i use pro grip superbike gels, they are not too fat, really grippy and soft.
if your wrists are aching, try adjusting the angle of your bars, even the smallest tweak can help. otherwise risers may be the other option.

·
Registered
403 Posts
One of the best tips I ever received is to constantly move around. Even take your hands off the bar and rotate wrist and pump a fist. Also, I have been lifting a small dumbell, palm down, so to raise the hand and keep the forearm on a bench. This has helped my throttle hand immensely.

In addition to risers and helis, I use stock grips with the cushy Grip Puppies from California Sport Touring.

I ride an ST4s and I would not even think of a 74x or a 9xx just because of my comfort issue. But I sure would like to consider them!

Dave Harhay

·
Registered
80 Posts
rental soft. a nice consistant suface.
if your wrists are hurting, you aren't supporting your weight with your abs. you should always hold the tank with your knees and support your body weight with your abs, leaving your hands free to lightly control the bike. a light touch on the bars goes a long way to improving your riding.
i know thats not what you wanted to hear, but you get used to it (your abs hurting) after a while and it starts to feel alot better.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the input. Now I have to workout. :mad:

Jus' Kidding, I need to anyway.

·
Registered
623 Posts
dharhay said:
I ride an ST4s and I would not even think of a 74x or a 9xx just because of my comfort issue. But I sure would like to consider them!

Dave Harhay
What is a 74x or 9xx? Does anyone have heated grips?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I replaced the original rubber drips with larger diameter, soft foam Jardine grips. They're reverse dumbbell shaped, larger diameter in the palm, narrower at the ends. They cut down on the hand cramps and wrist aches and have lasted several years.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
nothing but stock...those foamy gel thick grips are uncomfortable as crap for me...

if your wrists are hurting, use more of your torso to hold the weight and be sure to keep your elbows bent while riding

·
Registered
610 Posts
jack said:
I replaced the original rubber drips with larger diameter, soft foam Jardine grips. They're reverse dumbbell shaped, larger diameter in the palm, narrower at the ends. They cut down on the hand cramps and wrist aches and have lasted several years.
THATS WHAT I'VE SEEN ON THE OLDER RIDERS....

....IS IT WISDOM?

IF YOU GOT THE MEATY CLAWS FOR IT!

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Hey 'dark,
I don't know if it's wisdom or not, but I can't get a grip on those pencil thin rubber grips with these paws!

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
I change the grips on my bikes almost immediately after getting them to Pro Grip Gel grips. On the Multi I have Kosco heated grips.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oilhed said:
What is a 74x or 9xx? Does anyone have heated grips?

74x = 748 or 749

9xx = 916,996,998,999

Jus' makes it all emcompassing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts