Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have some of the weakest bikes in the world when they get here, but I don't really know what's different.

If I buy a full exhaust, race filter, and race ECU for my 1098 will that make it the same as a Euro/ N.American model? I've got my eye on a used kit for sale, but I don't know if that's what I need or not. Thanks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Be careful what you change, you'll need to unchange, remember Shakken!
Yep! I know it, and I hate it. I'm buying a house with a garage TOMORROW! So I'll have plenty of space to tear things down and reassemble them for Shakken.

日本で住んでますか? 僕は大阪で仕事を勤めています。 宜しくお願いします。 

車検は地獄に落ちれば良かったですよね。。。

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
はいそうです。
私は岐阜に住んでいます。注意してね!(y)
Very cool, I’ve been to Gero and Gifu castle once and the area was beautiful. I don’t think I would personally choose Osaka if my son wasn’t here (or maybe even japan for that matter lol).

Osaka drivers aren’t exactly the best either ?.

Do you do any group rides or anything in the country? I want to take the Izu Skyline to Shimoda eventually. We can meet up and ride sometime if you want, I don’t know any other gaijin riders around here.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Shimoda is a nice ride. Bit far from Osaka tho. There used to be a riders website(most members were from Tokyo), but it was hacked and not revived. If you're up this way, give me a few days notice. Gifu is a good place to let that 1098 loose!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Why would you need the hosepower in Japan ? I spent 3 years in Tokyo and immediately regretted buying a car. The endless traffic jams, traffic cameras and insane highway tolls are a deterrent to any motorized fun.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why would you need the hosepower in Japan ? I spent 3 years in Tokyo and immediately regretted buying a car. The endless traffic jams, traffic cameras and insane highway tolls are a deterrent to any motorized fun.
Not everywhere is Tokyo. We have Suzuka and Motegi we well, which I plan on making good use of. The mountain roads are where I’ll be letting loose. And some of the rural skylines.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Only a theory but I would think all the restrictions are in the ecu. Pipe looks goofy and may be a bit there as well.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
i think the japanese bikes were the same at that time.

ecu will be the same - it's really not possible to restrict a cable throttle engine via the ecu without making it inefficient. electronic throttle engines are easy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know we have some of the weakest bikes in the world when they get here, but I don't really know what's different.

If I buy a full exhaust, race filter, and race ECU for my 1098 will that make it the same as a Euro/ N.American model? I've got my eye on a used kit for sale, but I don't know if that's what I need or not. Thanks.
Hi Isaac,

If you buy a full exhaust, race filter, and race ECU it will add the power increase. The 1098/1198 with OEM exhaust and ECU sold here were sold the same as Euro models. I bought the 1098S and purchased the slip on system back 07. Later on purchased the 1198S with a full system.

But as stated before, that won't fly with shakken inspection but its once every 2 years. Change back to oem exhaust and ecu for 1 day. It'll work.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts