Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking off the right cover to expose the wet clutch on my '01 750ss I found a metal "liner" with a rubber face on it srewed onto the inside of the cover. I apologize for not having a picture (broken camera)
It looks like it might just be a sound damper for the clutch, or something. Is it something that's really needed? Can I leave it out when I put the engine back together?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dont know what it is, but i can supply a photo of it if that helps :)

If its one of the parts in this diagram, its probably a sound deadening thing...

Only ever pulled apart dry clutches on these bikes, sorry...

Part 6: 486.1.051.1A Panel
Part 23: 243.1.029.1A Cover

Not that the descriptions help, but i think its these two items you are talking about...

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that #1 group is it. Thanks for the pic. I'm hoping that it is a sound dampener. It probably weighs about a pound & a half, or so. Weight I could trim, plus I would like to hear more engine sounds, plus who knows it might even help a wee bit in cooling.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Don't know what it is, but it sure looks important! :p

When I get home, I can check my service manual and see what name they give it--maybe that will help.

This assumes they didn't make any major changes to the wet clutch assembly from your year to 06!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Getting ready to reassemble the engine after a pretty extensive winter rebuild and am just checking again to see if anyone has ideas as to weather or not I can leave this part out.
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts