Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks. I'm looking at a local (to me) 2005 999r and was wondering if anyone could tell me what I should expect aside from the actual bike (manual, keys - which and how many, other things, etc)? Given this is a "special" bike, I don't know if Ducati packaged these with specific bike covers, stands, etc.

Thanks in advance everyone

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Not sure how it was there in Canada or the US but here it came with a bike cover, a Termi half system with ECU and air filters, a rear stand and a personalise plaque with the year/month of production, frame and engine numbers, besides the usual spare kyes, a code card and manual of course.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
The desire to ride and ride..........and continue to ride. :D

·
Chilehead
6,984 Posts
Mine came with all the keys, but was missing the card, and had the wrong fairing (mostly scratched). :eek:

And this was NEW! Purchased directly from, and personally collected at, the factory in Bologna! :confused:

Of course, I did get a good price! :D

Tom

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Not sure how it was there in Canada or the US but here it came with a bike cover, a Termi half system with ECU and air filters, a rear stand and a personalise plaque with the year/month of production, frame and engine numbers, besides the usual spare kyes, a code card and manual of course.
Mine came with all this and they gave me a red ducati back pack to carry all my none to large bits in. Wife had the lot in the car anyway.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one I'm looking at has BST carbon wheels, an Evoluzione slipper clutch and different brake resevoirs (all stock parts included). I assume and will check on the two black and one red keys but not sure about anything else included with it. It would be nice to have this plaque and cover though...

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Mine came with all of the above and a Rolex/ Ducati watch. Oh, and free tires for life and uhhhhhh a house in the Hamptons. Naw, actually in 05 I just got the bike. They helped me to load it on the truck. I saved all the magazines that had any tests or articles on the 05 and there were many.I was approached today about selling it but at this point, I just can't do it. It warmed up to the 50s today and after a ride around a few twists, turns and going ballistic down the interstate I definatly want it in my garage a while longer.

·
Registered
31 Posts
They did not come with the TERMI half system nor did they come standard with the race ecu, they were options in 2005 and I believe the termi system was a whole system, but please do not quote me on that. Also new for 05 was the lack of upper triple clamp numbering on the standard 999r, the Xerox and 749r had it, but not the 999r. My guess is that in 2005 Ducati made far more then 5000 999r's that is why they were no longer numbered. XX9 is a great bike, but I prefer the 749r. Good luck and enjoy a piece of history if you decide to buy. P.S. thank G Ducati has moved away form the red key bs....

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
They did not come with the TERMI half system nor did they come standard with the race ecu, they were options in 2005 and I believe the termi system was a whole system, but please do not quote me on that. Also new for 05 was the lack of upper triple clamp numbering on the standard 999r, the Xerox and 749r had it, but not the 999r. My guess is that in 2005 Ducati made far more then 5000 999r's that is why they were no longer numbered. XX9 is a great bike, but I prefer the 749r. Good luck and enjoy a piece of history if you decide to buy. P.S. thank G Ducati has moved away form the red key bs....
Only in USA . Other countries came with all the bits including numbered top yoke and half termi Including the 06 model.

Dont know about the 05 model but this was on this forum a while back. No doubt someone will say its wrong though.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts