Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're going into the off-season and should have some free time...and a 1098 sitting in the shop for development of various things we've already decided to make for it. Just out of curiosity, you guys that own a 1098/1198...anything you wish you could find for your bike but can't?

·
Registered
429 Posts
How about an engine that stays together, a transmission that shifts as well as the Jap bikes and electronics that do their job for more then 14 months.

Sorry...a little bitter.:D

·
9,757 Posts

·
9,757 Posts
We're going into the off-season and should have some free time...and a 1098 sitting in the shop for development of various things we've already decided to make for it. Just out of curiosity, you guys that own a 1098/1198...anything you wish you could find for your bike but can't?
Ok, here's what I want, I want rearsets that won't bend my frame tabs in the case of a lowside.

In the past few weeks I've seen guys with bent frame tabs resulting from solid rearsets, rearsets with breakaway pegs, and the stock folding rearsets. If you figure out a design that won't put stress on the frame tabs then I'll buy it.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

561 Posts
matt the ones that moto wheel sell have a CAST plate that will break before the tabs get bent in to far if you have a spill. They do call them billett, and they are .....except for the cast mounting plate. I found out the hard way with a simple drop in the drive way on my tracker.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would agree with Matt on the frame tabs, seen one with OEM rearsets bend in low side as well. Besides that, how about more availablity on parts and acc. .

Really now, can't think of anything at the moment but if I do, will post

·
Registered
956 Posts
...a money tree in my backyard:think:

I still need a Ti frame and uber Marzocchi front and rear and a 180Hp upgrade to my motor and carbon airbox and lots of carbon and carbon and carbon and I'll probably need new tires next season, too, dammit...:)

·
9,757 Posts
matt the ones that moto wheel sell have a CAST plate that will break before the tabs get bent in to far if you have a spill. They do call them billett, and they are .....except for the cast mounting plate. I found out the hard way with a simple drop in the drive way on my tracker.
So you dropped your bike in the driveway and the frame tabs weren't bent at all?

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Touring bags........:D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Touring bags........:D
Rev has them, hardbags, adapted from the Multi I think. They were like $1600 and originally built for some marathon guy...brackets and red hard bags...

edit: you lose the passenger pegs though...IIRC

·
Registered
326 Posts
What kind of manufacturing do ya'll do? Carbon fiber, CNC, lathe, roto-molding, casting, electronics, crash protection, etc.?:confused:

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Ok, here's what I want, I want rearsets that won't bend my frame tabs in the case of a lowside.

In the past few weeks I've seen guys with bent frame tabs resulting from solid rearsets, rearsets with breakaway pegs, and the stock folding rearsets. If you figure out a design that won't put stress on the frame tabs then I'll buy it.
Buy a 999!:D.....Matt P says it's "engineered" to keep the frame from suffering damage....the guys that race the 1098 call it cheap....it's still a great bike!

·
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What kind of manufacturing do ya'll do? Carbon fiber, CNC, lathe, roto-molding, casting, electronics, crash protection, etc.?:confused:
Sorry, I keep forgetting...we're Pit Bull. We currently make stands, fully adjustable rotary steering stabilizers(very very soon to be available for the 1098), trailer restraint systems(so you don't need straps), etc... We have CNC, lathe, and molding capabilities. This off-season we decided to buy a 1098 and spend the cold months building aftermarket parts for it. We have a few ideas in the works right now...was just curious if there any specific things that 1098/1198 owners wish was available aside from what we already have in the works.

·
9,757 Posts
Sorry, I keep forgetting...we're Pit Bull. We currently make stands, fully adjustable rotary steering stabilizers(very very soon to be available for the 1098), trailer restraint systems(so you don't need straps), etc... We have CNC, lathe, and molding capabilities. This off-season we decided to buy a 1098 and spend the cold months building aftermarket parts for it. We have a few ideas in the works right now...was just curious if there any specific things that 1098/1198 owners wish was available aside from what we already have in the works.
I have one of your rear stands :)

Very naice!

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,880 Posts
Supermodel live-in bike detailer.

I have both a rear and "new front" stands (just got my Ohlins pin#2 from you too). Great products and I really would like to have that awesome trailer mount, but they aren't cheap.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have both a rear and "new front" stands (just got my Ohlins pin#2 from you too). Great products and I really would like to have that awesome trailer mount, but they aren't cheap.
I'll be honest with you. When we first did the analysis to see what we could sell the Trailer Restraints for, I thought it might be too much money at $280. But the first time I used one on our Daytona 675 after the Indy Dealer Expo it was freezing cold and I was already exhausted with a 9 hour drive ahead of me. It took me less than 60 seconds to get the bike in the trailer, close the door, and be on the way home. At that point, they started to seem like a bargain lol. But yeah, I get ya...bargain or not, sometimes it just comes down to budget.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,880 Posts
Yeah, one of the guys in DRILL has the trailer restraints and it is so nice to ride up and go at the end of a day. Actually it can be seen in this video after a few of us did a Road America trackday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC3Uu224gNw

1 - 20 of 46 Posts