Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
For the non US Duke owners amongst us:

Please enlighten us at what Under Armor (Armour ;) ) gear is made of and addresses of online suppliers. :rolleyes:

cheers,

Dave
Hi Dave,

Under Armour looks to be the same as our 'Skins' compression garments.

Craig

·
Registered
439 Posts
re Skins

Thanks Craig, I'll PM you

·
Registered
44 Posts
Mountain Hardwear does a compression fit long underwear that keeps you warm too

Check out their Continuum Midweight

I've been wearing it under my track leathers and under my street gear.
Its a little more expensive than Under Armor but it works really well.

·
Premium Member
6,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 · (Edited)
Mountain Hardwear does a compression fit long underwear that keeps you warm too

Check out their Continuum Midweight

I've been wearing it under my track leathers and under my street gear.
Its a little more expensive than Under Armor but it works really well.
Hi Lapped1,

I think these are just 'Thermals' as well, their make up is 97% polyester & 3% elastane.
Where as compression clothing like under armour is 85% nylon & 15% elastane

That's why I just settled for the thermals, as I just wanted the warmth benefit rather than the compression. I may end up with both for different seasons or reasons.
Thanks for your tip.

Craig

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I wear my long bicycle pants, similiar to these:

They're pretty warm, won't roll up under your knee etc. and they're padded in the butt section for some comfort :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
On the colder days (since I live in the South Island of New Zealand) I wear Oxforrd Chill out, plus heated grips...

During summer usually just a t-shirt and light thermal pants...

On the odd occasion I wear my Coudra gear then could be gust a tshirt and the linners of the coudra...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Underarmor on the track for me, 2 crashes and no "melting" problems on either, one crash wrote off my leathers. For touring I recently switched to merino wool hiking underwear. Natural fibre seems to work over a good temperature range and they don't smell nearly as bad as synthetic, especially good on a longish tour.

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
For touring I recently switched to merino wool hiking underwear. Natural fibre seems to work over a good temperature range and they don't smell nearly as bad as synthetic, especially good on a longish tour.
Ditto for me for cool/cold weather rides. I bought a very light weight merlino wool undershirt at REI which is very good for those transition days which start out cool and warm up after lunch.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Skins!

Seriously the warmest underleather item I've bought. Didn't spend big bucks either, bought Diadora long tights for $40 from KMart, and I am as warm as toast!

I read in Australia's TWO WHEELS mag that one of the journo's wears compression wear, like sports people do in training, under his leathers, and was given this tip by a leathers manufacturer.
We are heading into winter down here in OZ so I am wondering about thermal style underwear or these new compression garments or a combo of both if thats feasible.
Do compression garments retain heat like thermals or are thermals the better allround alternative? Or are compression garments the new thermals?

I also wonder, in the event of an accident, what would be the outcome with heat generated would do to the spandex or elastene thats so close to your skin?
Do you melt plastic into your skin, making recovery worse or am I talking shit?

Craig

21 - 30 of 30 Posts