Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this in an Italian Streetfighter forum. Looks like they have a few of the same ideas others have mentioned. I think it looks cool.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
433 Posts
It looks cool, but it can't work that way because the battery is located in the rear tail. The heat from the exhaust would be too much...that's what the word is. If you mounted it lower, it would just not look right...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
It also has NO mirrors at all and no place for the license plate. More photoshop than real although it does give a good idea of this type of exhaust option...

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Also there is no air inlet for the airbox so that would have to be repositioned. It does look cool but not funtional.

·
Bon Vivant
11,003 Posts
I guess the front-end has grown on me because the monster headlight doesn't work on this bike. Trying to tuck the exhaust up behind the battery tray is unrealistic, the battery tray would have to be removed altogether... then where would the battery go?

I don't like it, it looks too much like a stripped 1098 and looses the uniqueness of the streetfighter. The lines of the original flow better and look more modern.

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Please stop posting the pic of the black SF/S with no mirrors next to the SC. I am weakening,
Now picture it not only without mirrors, but with bar end ones, replace the reservoirs with black Rizomas and you should be set!

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
I figure I add this pic for the ones that havn't seen them yet.
Guido, are you looking?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
My understanding is that those carbon intakes are the exact same size as the standard painted item. Changing them over only affects the appearance not the performance. Have I missed something??

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
They are listed as a Pair of oversized carbon airducts. I have been contemplating them. If they were the same size, I would not bother.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Cant tell if those CF intakes are bigger than stock, but they definitely have an additional intake and a bigger one at that. The stock bikes intakes are much less in comparison...

Had a good look at the bike today... the exhaust heat shield really obstructs.. has there been much discussion around alternatives (other than underseat mounted cans)? Cheapest quick fix i can think of are to use wraps around the mess of piping... the stock heat shield is mounted about 3/4 inch over the pipes.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Sorry my mistake. I did not understand they went here.....
Now another thing to buy..... dammnit!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Now another thing to buy..... dammnit![/QUOTE]

Have you seen the price of these things........$545!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Chilehead
6,982 Posts
Nice pic of my bike, however I now have a plastic bottle instead of the Kronenboug aluminum beer can that I got from my kinky ex-girlfriend.

It does look cool naked , though (as did she).

Tom

P.S. The ScottOiler above the beer-can really says it all!

P.P.S. A clean solution to eliminate everything forward of the forks would be great!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts