Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
675 miles? yeah right. its not even broken in and its 8 thousand dollars under valued.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Scam???

Definitely has the overtones of one, but the phone number is a positive sign. I certainly wouldn't touch it without seeing it in person or at the very least having someone you trust in the forum look at it.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I Live in Midland... not too far from San Angelo, but the Ph# just goes to a recording. If you can get in touch with the seller I'll take a look at the bike for you...

·
Registered
335 Posts
Too good to be true?

I've seen way to many scams online from e-bay (there are bogus bikes up there at least half the time I bother looking), to craigslist, to the online newspaper classifieds (there was a guy with an ad here in Seattle claiming he was going to ship the bike to you from London for a few grand - price of carbon fiber Superbike included :rolleyes: ).

I try not to let in ruin my faith in humanity (what I have left :p ). There are always people trying to scam you, whether it's new technology, the internet, or old, card cheats :think: . Maybe I'll have to watch "The Sting" again soon :D .

·
Registered
330 Posts
I went to Ducati.net classifies to look up for a 916, 996, 998 or a 05 999, but all the deals they have in there seem like a scam. I miss my Duc. and I wished I had never sold it, but now I'm looking into one I'm even thinking of buying the Mille Factory...you get a lot of good stuff for the money.

·
Registered
68 Posts
that was on ebay

He had an ad on Ebay last week. Was firm on $12,000. Asked him what his mods were? Since he could not inform me of his mods, said "come on by" I told him he was asking too much. Of course he did not like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.