Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I picked up my bike it needed some work on all the plastics.

While I was searching for replacement pieces and getting some parts plastic welded to get it back to stock I picked up a set of fiberglass skins too.

What do you think looks better?

or

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
without a doubt, the stocker, for me. I think the stickers spoil the classical beauty of the 916. I've always thought the early 916 where the most beautiful of the Tambie bikes.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Stock. the stickers make you look at the stickers. why advertise tennis shoes or cigarettes unless you are getting paid for it and on a race team?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Man, that's a tough one!! I love the sticker bikes but...don't know if I would want that as my every day/only bike. Guess you'll just have to get another bike so you'll have one of each. Keep the white tail what ever you decide though!

·
comrade moderator
26,760 Posts
allikanbe said:
Stock. the stickers make you look at the stickers. why advertise tennis shoes or cigarettes unless you are getting paid for it and on a race team?
Plus a Gazillion!!

·
Registered
835 Posts
def stock

·
Registered
208 Posts
Stock By Far!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hey man you're saying you've got both sets of fairings?? Switch it up dooood :p . My bike was kindof stickered up when I got it and I just took off a bunch of infostrada stickers the guy had on there. Now I'm down to basically just the stock stickers and a pirelli and arrow exhaust along the bottom of the bike, so that's the way I lean, but I have to admit I don't mind the stickers on your bike but I am a purist at heart.

Matt :abduct:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Oh ya forgot to say love the Jeep too.

96 zj - 3", 265/75/16, wheel spacers, sway bar.

·
Premium Member
8,727 Posts
I like the stickers, I suppose because change is good once in a while. I have a 95 916 and its currently undergoing some paint changes. More and more the stock paint scheme (except for the decals) was getting boring. I would recommend carrying the FILA white from the fairing to the tail by painting the side airbox under the tank white. This will give the bike better color flow. All the Ducati replica bikes do this. To complete the project, I would pick up a "cheap" pair of 5 spokes and powdercoat or paint one red and one blue.

After you have accomplished the above, put the bike out for opinions and I think the responses would be more positive.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I still have the original fairings... so I can switch them back and forth.

That tail wasn't part of the fiberglass skins... so that'll stay on no matter what.

I only have 1 windscreen though, and that seems like it takes the longest to switch back and forth.

I have a spare airbox that I'm getting painted as we speak. I was going to get it painted black though, but I guess I could get it painted white.

I have a set of 5 spokes too, that I'm going to put on soon. I just need to get some tires mounted.

I just don't know. I like the stock look and I also like the Fila rep. It just doesn't seem to have the same appeal as the replica kit on my other bike.

I guess I'm kind of on the fence either way, and I'm looking for more opinions.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Matt748 said:
Oh ya forgot to say love the Jeep too.

96 zj - 3", 265/75/16, wheel spacers, sway bar.

Thanks... it's an 89 YJ 4" skyjacker suspension lift. 33"x10.5" mudders.

·
Registered
791 Posts
LuvDog said:
When I picked up my bike it needed some work on all the plastics.

While I was searching for replacement pieces and getting some parts plastic welded to get it back to stock I picked up a set of fiberglass skins too.

What do you think looks better?

hmmm.... something doesn't look quite right on those fairings. maybe because those are the two piece fairings instead of the one piece. here's a comparo off ebay link. eventhough these are photochopped you get the idea. try taking another photo from different angle.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
+1 ! ( Good to see that you are back on your medication.) lol...

Actually, I agree whole heartedly with your last comment, and I am not sure why I feel that way. May have something to do with the impression that bike made on me the first time I saw it on the dealer floor and I was just knocked out. First impressions are like that.

OldBaldy said:
without a doubt, the stocker, for me. I think the stickers spoil the classical beauty of the 916. I've always thought the early 916 where the most beautiful of the Tambie bikes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It looks half-assed(no offence to you) it's neither a complete replica look nor is it stock, I think you should do the whole bike with the decals if you are going for that look.

·
MultiModerator
1,419 Posts
Stock, the "Fila" and white area doesn't look the right proportion It's what you like that matters. I do like the ZX-7 in the background.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts