Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on a French website from what I can gather the bike was lunched by fire? and the owner replaced the with bodywork with some other bits.

A lot of SS owners do a similar job after chucking their bikes down the road.
Whats the opinions?

Regards Nick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
I think it looks great - it has that "all engine" look. And for sure it would be more comfortable than the MH in its original configuration . Swingarm is still gorgeous. The bike is just very elemental. Nice.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Its ghastly!
How to ruin a nice and unique looking bike by bolting on a 5.99 aftermarket light unit bought on Ebay.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Tough crowd! This bike got huge compliments/exitement in the Monster community if I rememeber right. Not sure how many here have built something from a pile of parts with your own hands to something you can ride or drive around. I'm not sure of the history here, but someone said the bike was damaged by fire. Instead of putting it in a dumpster, the guy rebuilt it into something of his own. I don't think it's supposed to "be" anything in particular, but looks like a real blast to ride. I like it.

·
Registered
724 Posts
hmmm...pass. :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
dietrichpfeifer said:
Tough crowd! This bike got huge compliments/exitement in the Monster community if I rememeber right. Not sure how many here have built something from a pile of parts with your own hands to something you can ride or drive around. I'm not sure of the history here, but someone said the bike was damaged by fire. Instead of putting it in a dumpster, the guy rebuilt it into something of his own. I don't think it's supposed to "be" anything in particular, but looks like a real blast to ride. I like it.
I don't recall the exact details* myself anymore. Meet Andi, "the guy" who built this bike and named it Malattia. I think it was after the mishap with his Monster -- a fuel line burst, engulfing the bike in flames, starting a grass-fire and burning several acres near a hill top with choppers coming out the extinguish the fire :eek: -- that Andi found this mildly used, nearly new MH900e somewhere in the US and had it shipped to New Zealand. What follows is any owner's nightmare with one part after the other failing or breaking. The bike was still under warranty -transferrable to the new owner- but Andi got caught between Ducati in Italy, New Zealand and USA. Suit was filed, but I don't recall the details or outcome of that anymore*. When all was said and done, Andi was so fed up with the MH900e that he decided to make a bulletproof rideable bike out of it. Welcome Malattia, which has essentially been trouble free ever since. I remember Andi posting when he had to replace the first parts because they were worn (chain and sprockets).

Personally, I like the bike for what it is and I think Andi did a fantastic job creating this bike. Remember, this one predates both the HyperMotard and StreetFighter by a few years :think:

RonB

*Too bad JohnC, a.k.a. johnchypermotard, former President of the MH900e Owners Club and featured in some of the pics of the Summer 09 West Coast SF Bay Area coast ride and drinking event, lost the server (fatal crash) on which he hosted the website of the MH900e Owners Club ..... lots of information, great pics and excellent stories were lost :mad:

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
there are some things i really like about it: the lines of the tank/seat, the wheels, the almost brutal sense of "an engine wrapped in red ribbons" and the fender/hugger accents.

not big on the headlight/screen/clocks look (i prefer the big ol' round headlight myself) but i really, really appreciate what he's done to do a custom build.

and i totally dig a different/original take on things :D

would i own it? not sure... would i ride it if offered? hell yes!
but then i could say that about a lot of beautiful girls out there too ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts