Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was messing today, so had a fiddle with these. May sell them if enough interest.:D

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice job! Are you still in the organ business? Left or right kidney? Or what other organs would you accept as payment?

Joking aside - I would be interested.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Fuck me sideways Dave that's a really neat job.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What if i told you that ISNT CARBON.....but the latest vinyl, that looks fookin as good.

Took me a couple of hours to sort it , but with a bit of heating with the hairdryer managed to bend it to fit.
Going to have a do with the standard hugger next week and the side panels and undertray

Its not cheap but far cheaper than kitting the bike out in carbon. Going to do the airbox methinks.
If anyones interested i,m going to start doing pieces of it big enough to undertake certain stuff.
Unreal isnt it...And its not too in your face, more of a satin finish.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
What if i told you that it ISNT CARBON.....
......I'd tell you that there isn't a Santa Claus or a tooth fairy or an all seeing all being friend in the sky or any gnomes or fairies down the bottom of the garden.......

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ah ....That would be a rhetorical question to you then Mark

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
I've seen 1408 btw, it came to me. Excellent.
Just watched 'In the valley of Elah', thoroughly recommended viewing.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good , glad you liked it.

Have you seen. The cook,the thief,his wife & her lover ?

Fuckin weird film

or Blue velvet with Dennis Hopper

·
Banned
2,888 Posts
Nice looking, buuuut, if you make 'em again, trim them into the recessed area so they don't make it look like you got green overspray on your new carbon inserts. I'm just sayin'...:p

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice looking, buuuut, if you make 'em again, trim them into the recessed area so they don't make it look like you got green overspray on your new carbon inserts. I'm just sayin'...:p
DT..I may have taken a crap pic as you cant tell its vinyl when close up. There is still a bit of white in the grooves from the polish so it may be that ..:D

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
They look spot on, really go well with green/grey mix with the seat.
Do you know if the vinyl last with the elements of sun and rain?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For the price it costs Jez i hope so . My mate has just done his van bonnet in the stuff as its 60 inches wide on the roll

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Food for thought. My mind is ticking on what else it could be used for. First thought is the plastic trim above the headlight and bellow the readout.
BTW your bike is looking sweet.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Food for thought. My mind is ticking on what else it could be used for. First thought is the plastic trim above the headlight and bellow the readout.
BTW your bike is looking sweet.
Yes i,m already on it. I took a small sample of him as an offcut as he was selling it by the metre & i did,nt want to buy that if it was shit.
I will get a metre on Monday & see what i can do with that bit:D

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
He has an RC8 & he has done his rear hugger & mirrors & a top job he has done as well.
I will get some pics on Monday

1 - 20 of 25 Posts