Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of this new exhaust system from ZARD?

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=660%7CDucati%20Exhausts&productID=4554&showDetail=1&categoryID=754|Sport%20Classics&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Uh... it's different.

moto said:
What do you think of this new exhaust system from ZARD?

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=660%7CDucati%20Exhausts&productID=4554&showDetail=1&categoryID=754|Sport%20Classics&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts

I kinda like it...for that GP racer kinda look about it....wonder if and what they have for the other Sport Classics?...or is that a one for all by them?

·
Premium Member
3,120 Posts
Actually that is not far from the original race bike - except that the high exhaust was on the left side.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it looked good.

They have a fitment for the Sport 1000 as well as the Paul Smart.

P

·
0 Posts
i already love the look of that bike... but that exhaust really makes me want to buy it even more! damn it looks good.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
hardcore91406 said:
Hey Motowheels,Very awesome,Too bad none are in stock. :confused:
Zard has some supply and demand issues( like alot of European manufacturers of stuff)....not necessarily Motowheels fault!...maybe he is one of many vendors still waiting for product they develop but don't necessarily crank out en masse!...I know Motowheels does a pretty damn good job at getting stuff to market to the masses as much as possible!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've been waiting for over two months to recieve my Zard system for my Sport 1000, and it finally arrived via FedEx yesterday! WooHooo, I was pumped. :D I very excitedly opened the box, amazed at how light the box was, wondering if I'd received the Ti system instead of stainless steel by mistake. Well, there were mistakes involved, but it wasn't that: the box was so light because the front pipe was not in it! :mad: WTF!

I was able to reach the dealer, and he will contact the distributor today. I'm hoping that somewhere in Italy there's a front pipe lying around and they're just waiting for a call from the poor sap that got the box that was supposed to go in. Yeah, right! Arrrrgggghhhh!

·
Registered
310 Posts
Good news! The dealer had an extra system, so he's pulling the front pipe and shipping it ASAP. Hopefully that means for Saturday delivery, so I can put those really cool looking pipes on over the weekend :cool: .

·
Registered
375 Posts
Glad you found the parts somewhere this side of Italy! I know it must have sucked to wait that long, open the box and... D'oh!

Here's hoping to a Saturday delivery.

·
Registered
25 Posts
zooom said:
Zard has some supply and demand issues( like alot of European manufacturers of stuff)....not necessarily Motowheels fault!...maybe he is one of many vendors still waiting for product they develop but don't necessarily crank out en masse!...I know Motowheels does a pretty damn good job at getting stuff to market to the masses as much as possible!
I know,I'm a little impatiant at times.I dig Motowheels.I also was advised that they have them in stock now.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Finally!

Got the missing pipe in today at 5:30 PM, started work on it around 7:00 PM, had my first test firing around 10:00 PM. :D

Everything went together pretty well. Have some odd "popping" at idle, will check with my service manager about bringing it in for some adjustments. More later: I'm beat! :sleep:

·
Registered
310 Posts
I took the bike out for it's innagural "with the Zards" run today, down to my service manager to see what all the popping was about. He says the bike is fine, it's just that's the way the pipes are made. On ANY deceleration, the pipes pop and sputter, kind of like an angry Harley on steroids. And when you get on the power, they're prtty "blatty". But just cruising down the highway with a steady load, they're a nice deep mellow rumble, like you'd expect from a Duc. I think I'm going to like mine just fine! :D

All in all, it was definitely worth the wait, and the hassle. OBTW, FWIW, the guys at the bike shop were VERY impressed with the look AND the sound. No one around here had heard of the Zards yet, so I'd say their first impression of them was a good one! :yeah:

·
Registered
197 Posts
zards are certainly an interesting look, but IMHO i find them rather fugly. i'm sure they work well, but not my personal first choice for an aftermarket pipe for the sport classics.

·
Registered
600 Posts
otterx said:
zards are certainly an interesting look, but IMHO i find them rather fugly. i'm sure they work well, but not my personal first choice for an aftermarket pipe for the sport classics.
Interresting indeed :)

I'm waiting on black ceramic coated conti replica custom pipes. I think the pasta salad Zards are a bit strange though the black slip ons look OK. I hate to be too judgemental without seing them in person but alas that's what these forums and the interweb are for.

John

1 - 20 of 26 Posts