Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did I Do The Right Thing For Not Resigning The Title a Year After He Purchased It?

Oh, the bike was an 01 748s.

[Add to Address Book]
To: "'Teng Xiong'" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Bike
Date: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:13:55 PM [View Source]

Whatever asshole!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:11 PM
To: [email protected]
Cc: [email protected]

Actually, we both signed off on the title and you were present when I put the mileage on the title and you signed it. Plus, the DMV has a copy of the title. Also, I'm keep this email as evidence that you're threatening me.

-------------- Original message --------------

Fine, I will just report it as you have sold it with fraudulent odometer reading. There is nothing else I can do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 2:30 PM

I just talked to the Woodbury DMV again and they told me the same thing I told you this morning. There is no way that I can verify the mileage. When you purchased the bike from me, we both signed the title indicating that that's the current mileage so if you made any changes after that, thats out of my control because the bike is legally yours now. Also, you would've been supplied with a copy of your title application so you can use that as a reference.

One last thing is, when our transaction went through and you took delivery of the bike and was satisfied, you didn't even leave me a positive feedback, That wasn't nice of you.

When I went to DMV the guy there told me we don’t need to know the exact mileage and we can put approximate mileage, which was at 78xx-79xx. There is also an option on this correction form for that. It doesn’t matter whose mistake it was, it could have been your mistake, DMV or mine. We cannot find this out at this point. But, If I would need to sell this bike right now, I would be in a deep shit. On the title, it says that by signing the title the seller certifies under penalty of law that all the information is correct including the odometer reading. If it was your mistake, then you could be in trouble if I try to sell this bike and we report the actual mileage with the buyer.

Anyway, I just need to meet with you for 5 minutes to have this done. I can drive up anywhere for your convenience. Let me know when it works best for you.

Sincerely,

Andrei

Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 7:53 AM

I talked with the DMV and because its been a year since I sold you the bike, there is no way for me to verify or know what the miles on there or what it should be so if I sign it now. Plus, if it was YOUR mistake, thats something I can't correct for you because the bike has already been transferred to your name.

Teng,

The DMV has messed the title for Ducati and now the odometer on the title reads 8954 or something like that and the bike only has 82xx miles. I went to DMV and they said that you and me and need to do an odometer adjustment form. So, I need to meet with you and complete the odometer adjustment form. Let me know when you have time to do it. I just noticed this discrepancy a few days ago. I believe when you sold this bike it had 78xx or 79xx miles. I must have made a mistake when I did title transfer or this is DMV mistake.

Sincerely,

Andrei

Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 4:13 PM

hey, you never left me a positive feed back

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, April 14, 2006 12:08 AM

Teng,

The bike has seen a nice season and ready to roll again…. Would you by any chance have the list of upgrades installed on the bike when you sold it to me? I have added a few as well, but I would appreciate that info.

Thanks,

Andrei

Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:53 AM
To: TechyParts

Well, I left you a positive feedback

Teng,

We haven’t had any good weather to enjoy it yet, but I will definitely leave you feedback soon.

Sincerely,

Andrei

Sent: Tuesday, May 10, 2005 10:32 AM

How are you enjoying the Ducati?

Please remember to leave a feedback!

-Teng

·
Registered
424 Posts
It's his problem, you did right.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
he certainly wasn't trying to attract flies with any sugar or honey...that's for sure!

·
Super Moderator
8,215 Posts
That was hard to follow..

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
amullo said:
That was hard to follow..
Basically, what happened is that I sold him the bike with 79xx miles on it. He was present when I wrote the miles on the title. We both signed off on it. I don;t know what he did but now he says that the title says it has 89xx miles on it but the bikes actual mileage is only 84xx miles and HE wants me to sign off on his title saying that the mileage should be 84xx miles. The problem with this is that its been a year since he's had the bike. I don;t know what he's done to it and I can only be sure of the mileage when I sold him the bike so for me to sign off on the new title could open me up to fraudulent charges..

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Why not just sign the papers for him so he can fix the problem??It really doesnt seem like a big deal to me, It just seems like helping the guy get his paper work courtesy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Whats the big deal over 500 miles :confused:
Iw would have signed it to make th guys life eaisier, what is it to me 1 minute of my life.

And what is with the feedback lunacy... Its his choice to give it

The only people that desperate for feedback on ebay are scammers

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kingsnake1650 said:
Why not just sign the papers for him so he can fix the problem??It really doesnt seem like a big deal to me, It just seems like helping the guy get his paper work courtesy.
But thats the thing. I don't know what he's done with the bike in the past year.. For all I know, he took the bike to the track and took off the odometer, beat the crap out of it, put the odometer back on and trying to sell it for the lesser miles.. thats misrepresentation. Plus, he never left me a feedback on eBay for the successful transaction.. With big transactions like that, a positive feedback is a PLUS in your ratings and he never had the courtesy to leave me a feed back which, i never complained about. :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
webwarrior said:
I don't know what he did but now he says that the title says it has 89xx miles on it but the bikes actual mileage is only 84xx miles and HE wants me to sign off on his title saying that the mileage should be 84xx miles..
He puts 500 miles on in one year and he's busting your
balls over 500 miles. Right, that will make a big difference on resale.:rolleyes:
Sounds fishy.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The mileage thing isn't what sounds fishy to me, 500 +/- seems to be no big deal. The thing that bothers me is that he hasn't transferred the title into his name in over a year? And he's been riding it? Something isn't right there. I don't know about you but when I buy a vehicle I will just about break my legs getting the title transferred as soon a possible to avoid any problem and if there are any to get them solved ASAP. I also inform DMV when I sell a vehicle to ensure that they know I am no longer responsible for it. Something stinks here.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whats fishy is that when we BOTH signed off on the title transfer, it was 79xx miles so when he takes it to the DMV to register it, the DMV would;ve given him a copy of the title until the NEW title came so IF indeed it was the DMV's fault, he would have the copy of the original title to show the DMV and I wouldn't have to sign off on anything. So he must've did something to where he needs me to sign off on the title again because of the mileage discrepency..

RickD said:
He puts 500 miles on in one year and he's busting your
balls over 500 miles. Right, that will make a big difference on resale.:rolleyes:
Sounds fishy.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, I did contact the DMV that the motorcycle was sold that day. I have the paperwork for it to. So its his own fault that he's trying to outsmart the DMV to save on taxes
B_Cebrian said:
The mileage thing isn't what sounds fishy to me, 500 +/- seems to be no big deal. The thing that bothers me is that he hasn't transferred the title into his name in over a year? And he's been riding it? Something isn't right there. I don't know about you but when I buy a vehicle I will just about break my legs getting the title transferred as soon a possible to avoid any problem and if there are any to get them solved ASAP. I also inform DMV when I sell a vehicle to ensure that they know I am no longer responsible for it. Something stinks here.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
webwarrior said:
It took me close to 5 years to get my 80+ or so feedbacks because I'm an individual seller not a business
I agree I do alot of e-bay business and feel like that when you do what you are supposed to do you deserve good feedback..... I dont think that revenge for lack of feedback is a good way to do business.
Do you REALLY think the guy did something shady with the odometer?? If so then I understand why you wouldnt sign it for him. Maybe I am just nieve but I would take the guys word for it and tell him to stop by my house sometime (when It was good for me) so I could sign the paper for him. At that point I would ask him if there was some problem with the original transaction that caused him to not leave feedback.
Just my 2cents, honestly the situation has gotten too nasty now (with name calling and all) so there is probably no resolution at this point.... Lucky for you that is his problem.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Something smells like fish. I wouldn't have signed anything either. Here is the problem, when you write the milage on the title he can't change it. Now if you go and sign a correction form and he's a shady person he'll just fill out another one and lower the miles even more and you'll never know.

Then you just need to re-title in another state and the trail is gone, no one would know that the bike ever had 8xxx when if they rolled it back it's now showing 2xxx. I've seen this stuff done, it's not cool. Don't sign a thing, anyone after 500 miles perhaps they are really after 5000 miles.

-CC

·
Registered
463 Posts
I agree with Web.

You reap what you sow.

It's all about doing the right thing more times then not.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox. SeeYA!:D

·
Registered
96 Posts
webwarrior said:
yes, i do.. 1st thing he said to me after we made the transaction was "I'm going to put the purchase price at a lower figure to save from paying the taxes"
That don't work in my state, you get book value unless you can prove severe damage and that requires an inspection. They closed the "loophole" of provate sellers not really putting what they paid years ago around here.....like 20 years ago.

-CC

1 - 20 of 28 Posts