Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i am planning to pick an 848D in the spring(when released) to accompany my 749D, and i inquired about insurance.
-i am 36, married, with no points-
currently i pay about $550/yr for full coverage w/$250 ded
to add the second bike(848) it adds $965/yr
holy hell, hard to talk myself into $1500/yr for toy insurance, which i did a whopping 1000 miles this past year TOTAL.
now in florida we dont even need motorcycle insurance(by law) if there is no lein, but it doesnt take much here for an old person to wreck your bike either

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
shop around.
get a quote for all your toys. house, etc insured.
multiple car discount, safe driver discount, etc

·
Registered
434 Posts
I pay $35/mo for both bikes for full coverage with a $500 deductible. I'm old, married and don't have any points. I also get a discount for having the house and cars with the same company. (Farmers)

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I'm paying $387 a year for full coverage and a $250 deductable for my Hyper through GEICO.

Dave

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm.....maybe i will have to look into other options. i had thought about an 1198(and making it dark), or an MV, but after seeing the insurance, i can only imagine how much more it would be.
also have a 350z thats pricey right now. no multi vehicle policy discount tho. what sucks the most is that the car, bike, and future bike, NEVER get out, average it out to the mile, and WHEW!

·
Registered
559 Posts
29yrs old, $34 a month State Farm. Perfect record (I don't get caught!).

$500 deductible and only got my motorcycle endorsement in this state 3 months ago when I bought the bike.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Progressive, via USAA... renewal notice just came in at $270 for the year for a 749R and DRZ400-SM, full coverage on both

·
Registered
63 Posts
Progressive for full coverage on my '95 900ss with a $100 deductable is $240 per year. I am 28, married, and no points on my driving record.
All of the other quotes that I received were $500-$700 per year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Support Team Ducati!

45 yrs old, 2005 St-3, no points. Currently with Progressive because it was gravy to do online $331/yr, have since added 3 other vehicles.

My Hog friend uses Foremost who I didn' realize till after I bought my insurance sponsors Duc rider Larry Pegram, 4th place in the AMA Superbike series this year. (he seems like the Eric Buell of Ducati)

Called Foremost back in Sep. they were 11 bucks higher, come 24 March I'll be switchin'!

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
196 Posts
40, married (but they still have me recorded as single) no pts. Foremost is $370 on the Hyper $500 ded with medical, theft. $180 for my 72 Vespa sprint with a stated loss value of $5000. The same coverage, with Foremost on my 2007 Harley Nightster was only $170
Crazy, if I added uninsured motorist, my premium triple's whereas in Colorado uninsured motorist was only a few bucks extra and it had a highest percentage of uninsured motorists in the nation.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Envy those of you outside of my zip code. Even with great driving record, multiple vehicles, etc, I am paying $525 per year for my Multi. Oddly, my Brutale is only $300, granted it is 2 years older, but....

·
Registered
3 Posts
well i think this a good thread for my 1st post. hi everyone great site here now to the topic.......

live in dirty jersey(new jersey) buy nyc. 36 yearold not points or acc.
here is my list next to the rest you guys pay hardly anything..........

2000gsxr 750 full coverage $849 with state farm 500 deduct.
2009 cbr1000 repsol full coverage $950 with state farm 500 deduct.
2008 848 duc. full coverage $464 with rider insur. 400 deduct.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
You guys in the States have it made. Alberta, Canada - Streetfighter, 56 yrs old, no points, no accidents or claims of any sort, no kids - $1200 ($500 deduct) for a 6 month riding season!!

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I'm with State Farm, and I'm paying $30 monthly for my bike (..$150 total with my M3).
State Farm is very fair if they cover your house, car, etc. My 96' Impala SS and 999 are around $600 I believe. $500 deductible ea. very reasonable! But.....I have my house, my daughters car and some other scheduled items too......my wife is w/ Erie and they are a joke!

Hey Ripp, good to have you aboard! How do ya' like that CBR...one absolute wickedly fun bike!

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
You guys in the States have it made. Alberta, Canada - Streetfighter, 56 yrs old, no points, no accidents or claims of any sort, no kids - $1200 ($500 deduct) for a 6 month riding season!!
New York City (including all 5 boroughs) is cursed like that as well.

Currently i am in Annapolis MD... 38 years old, motorcycle license since 1988 which makes it what? 21 yrs? One motorcycle crash. No points and no other accidents or infractions on record...

- 2006 Paul Smart 1000 $412/yr $250 deductible - Foremost
- Next month i am moving back to NY (Brooklyn), my policy is going to be $1370 with $500 deductible... - Progressive (Foremost was $1840...) :confused:

Just for sh*ts and giggles i got a few quotes from other companies, and Markel Insurance came out a winner... a whooping $4493/yr with 1000 deductible!!! WTF mate?

I wish Rider Insurance was available in NY, they have the best rates i have seen.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts